awe

in honor of the met gala today, i think i should post an update! its going to be very short because im still in finals week, butttttt its better than nothing heh.

what're your thoughts on shawn's new song/MV?

~a~

the sound of a phone buzzing is what woke me up. it took a moment to adjust to the light as my eyes opened. my head was pounding and my eyes felt like they had bricks on the lids. there was a hand gently running through my hair. as i looked up, i noticed my head was laying on a pillow in shawn's lap. his one hand was running through my hair, a feeling i absolutely adored, the other was scrolling through his phone. i assumed i fell asleep in the middle of my complete breakdown in front of him.

he looked away from his phone noticing me looking up at him. after flashing me a small smile, his head nodded towards my phone, "it's been buzzing for the last fifteen minutes, i was going to answer it but i wasn't sure if it might be your dad."

i let in a sharp exhale before giving him a small smile. my phone started buzzing again, causing me to lift my head off of his lap and finally answer it. penelope's name flashed across the screen, and i immediately picked up.

"hello," i croaked, causing me to hear how terrible my voice sounded.

"what the hell are you doing, i've been calling you nonstop amaya," penelope barked through the phone.

"i'm sorry i fell asleep and--"

"you and shawn were supposed to be out on a date like an hour ago, what the hell happened?" she yelled, once again, causing me to start getting very irritated.

"i-i've been dealing with some family shit, i'm at his condo right now and it's my fault not his--"

but before i could even finish explaining, she cut me off again, "i've told you this a million times these dates are crucial for both of you right now, you can't just decide you want to blow them off."

her tone was really pissing me off, and no matter how hard i tried i couldn't hold back my anger. i let out a dry laugh, "i didn't just 'blow them off' penny. i saw my father today, for the first time in 21 years. and guess what i found out," i paused for a second for emphasis, and as i did i could feel shawn shifting on the couch next to me. "i found out he has a wife, and a son and a daughter who is the same age as me. he didnt want a family with us, so he left. but today i found out he stayed for someone else. so don't fucking tell me i just blew off a stupid publicity date--"

"amaya," i felt shawn's hand on my shoulder, as he gave me a wary look in an attempt to stop me before i said something i regretted.

i shakily exhaled, releasing all my anger. "i need to go penelope i cant talk to you right now," i stated, hanging up before she even had the chance to respond.

i knew she wouldn't call me back. penelope knows i never get angry like that, and when i do its serious.

shawn's hand moved from my shoulder to my lower back as he began rubbing circles to calm me.

"you ok?" he asked.

i hesitated for a moment, but then shook my head no. "i'm not and i dont know what to do." i scootched back on the couch, tucking my legs under me and laying my head back.