prom

hello friends. this is gonna b a long-ish chapter that's why it took so long to update. share ur thoughts. thanks to my girl jazz (headasserymendes) for the help!

—————-
~s~

shawnmendes via instagram story

i was waiting in my car at the airport for amaya since she insisted on me keeping it warm for her to arrive

i was waiting in my car at the airport for amaya since she insisted on me keeping it warm for her to arrive. that poor miami girl was freezing already and she hadn't even left the airport yet.
i was shuffling through songs when my phone buzzed with a new text from amaya.

amaya vegASS
hi
knock knock

me
who's there

amaya vegASS
doris

me
doris who?

amaya vegASS
doris locked, that's why i'm knocking.

me
why did i actually just laugh out loud at that.

amaya vegASS
bc i'm funny duh.
anyways. i'm serious. open the door it's locked.

i looked up to see her cutely bundled up outside my door. i chuckled, opening my own door to go help her with her bags.
"hi there," i grinned pulling her into a massive hug.
she cuddled into me, obviously freezing, making me laugh.
"can i stay here, you're so warm," she whined.

"give me your bag and get in the car it's warm!" i said pulling away from the hug.
she handed me her carry on suitcase and i quickly threw it in the trunk of my car before running back over to the drivers side and getting in.
as i started driving i glanced over to her and started grinning.
"stop looking at me like that you creep!" she laughed.
i looked away, a grin still present on my face. "sorry i'm just so happy you're here right now!"

"me too," she smiled, cuddling into her jacket further.

"so what's the plan for this weekend," she asked after a moment of silence.

as i merged on to the parkway i glanced between her and and the street. "so my parents want us to have brunch with them at their house tomorrow and then aaliyah's getting ready for her formal so we'll take some pictures and then anderson paak is playing a show tomorrow night and a few of my friends and i were gonna go so i got you a ticket too. and then the rest of the night we can head to my condo and just catch up?"

she nodded smiling, "sounds good to me. im excited to see your family, and also finally just get some time for us two."

"me too," i smiled back.