three months

(HI DONT HATE ME I CUT OUT THE BREAKUP CHAPTER OK ENJOY LOVE U)

~a~

it had been three months since shawn and i "broke up". three months and a lot has changed. but a lot also hasn't. 

three months ago, shawn left for the european leg of his world tour. 

three months ago, i left for fashion week in new york, then paris, then london. 

i hadn't seen shawn in three months, but the one thing that hadn't changed was how much we talked to each other. at the start of the first month we were constantly texting and no matter how tired or how far apart in timezones, we made it a point to facetime once a day. since then, it's gotten a little bit harder for us, but nonetheless, we both stay caught up in each others lives. 

he knew everything going on with me, and i knew everything about him. 

or so i thought, until today. 

i was currently in florence, italy for the salvatore ferragamo fashion show. i arrived about four days ago, and spent my time exploring the beautiful city and meeting with some of my favorite designers from here. tomorrow my flight led my back to LA for the first time in months. i had been constantly traveling and whenever i'd get a chance to take a break i'd fly to miami to see my mom and abuela. since i'd been traveling i hadn't been able to see my dad since, but we actually talked a few times over the phone and made plans for me to visit when i finally got back to LA.

for the show, i had on a simple yellow sundress that ended at my calves with a slit half way up to right above my knees. the sun was beaming down on me, but it was a beautiful 75 degrees. as i walked into palazzo vecchio where the show was being held, i was immediately pulled into interviews and mingling. 

"amaya vega, such an pleasure to have you here!," one of the reporters covering the event called me over. 

"hi thank you, it's so exciting to be here!" i grinned, shaking her hand. 

she asked me a few questions about my designs, the show, and my time in italy. but then she asked me the dreaded question...

"so how are you after your break up with shawn mendes?"

i laughed lightly, trying to not blow up about that question. it had been three months, why couldn't people let it go. oh wait, i couldn't either..ha. but that was different because i was still hopelessly in love with him.

"i've been great. he and i broke up on mutual terms and so there's no bad blood between us, he still is and will always be a good friend!" i smiled, spitting out the same line i had gotten accustomed to saying.

"well i'm glad he's just a friend now, because if not, i'm sure it must've hurt seeing his most recent music video with camila cabello?" this woman threw me another pity look, making my blood boil.

"i'm sorry?" i asked, extremely confused with what she was talking about.

"have you not listened to his new song with her? senorita? there's a steamy music video along with it with some major speculations about their relationship status."

to say it didn't just feel like someone stabbed me in the chest would be an absolute lie, because it did. although i hadn't even seen what this woman was talking about, the thought of it physically killed me.

"i've been crazy busy so i haven't had the chance to listen yet, but knowing shawn and camila it's already a hit!" i smiled politely, trying not to have a mental breakdown in front of this dumb bitch reporter, "i think the show's about to start so i should head in, it was nice speaking to you." i mustered up the fakest smile and walked away as fast as i could without looking stupid.