Chapter 1

Jennie POV

"What?! No! I can't marry that -- whoever she is! I'm not a lesbian Dad, for Pete's sake! "My voice echoed at the living room of my apartment where I and my parent's are talking.Shocked and disbelief was written all over my face.

We're all sitting on the couch but I can't help standing up as I heard the craziest and stupidest thing I've ever heard in my entire existence. And i dont know what to think or do. I just cant control my emotions right now.

"We're not saying you are Jen, This is just marriage for convenience,just to secure our business future... your future. And to your future children if ever."

"And how on earth can I possibly bear kids if I'm marrying a girl?"

"Well, I heard about this special treatment that they do nowadays--"

"You're impossible!" I sighed in disbelief.

"Jennie, sweetie, can you just hear your father first?" My mom stood up and held my arms as she mentioned me to calm down.

"No Mom, I've heard enough of this foolishness. And my answer is no." I said firmly.

"Jennie, our company is at stake here. And we expect so much from you."

"Really, Dad? Who's we? You and your business associates? Do you really expect me to marry someone I dont even know existed, and for the love of God a lesbian, in exchanged for the company's statues quo?" I asked sarcastically.

"It's not me I'm talking about neither the board. I can cope up, we sure can. But not the people who worked for the company almost their lives. I'm more worried about them."

"Oh, God! This is insane!" I cried helplessly the sat down, my knees are getting weaker by the moment. "I can't give up my life just so other people can have theirs.That's so unfair." My eyes went back to my parents. "But surely,there's other options. There'd better be."

My heart jump for joy when i remember something. "Yeah,how about our properties in Seoul and in Hampyeong, and the ranch in Gangwon-do that I inherited from grandma. I can wave that. We can liquidete thoes properties,can we?" I asked Dad but he gaze at me with sadness and then shook his head.

I look at mom asking for explanation why my Dad just shook his head.

"Sweetie, even if we sell all our assets. It's still not enough to our company to survive."

"But Mom, that's worth billions. So you mean the debt of our company is more than that?!"
My mom didnt answer me, she just keep silent and bow her head so i change my gaze to my dad.

"Dad, how can this happen? I thought Kim Chain of Hotels is one of the top and growing hotel in the country? You said it yourself,how come we're facing bankruptcy now?"

Dad took a deep breath.

"This past two years our hotels face a lot of troubles. The competition became so tight that we hardly survive. Heiress Hotel was not an easy competitor. They're huge and so much stronger than Kim Hotel."

"We can't beat them and so we merge with them,huh? But at my expense? What a great business strategy to save Kim Hotel." I said, full of sarcasm.

"Jennie, I don't have a choice." Dad replied agonizingly.

"Ofcourse, you have! We all have Dad! You just wanna choose the easy way out!" I blurted out in anguished.

I saw hurt slowly registered on his face. And suddenly i wanted to regret the words that came out of my mouth.

"Do you think if I have a choice, I will force my only daughter to marry someone she doesnt even know?" He whispered, almost teary eyed.

I've never seen him this helpless until now. The mighty Bryant Kim, a well known hotelier. Never for one moment did I thought that I will see him in this situation, almost begging for help.