Chapter 38

Jennie POV

It's exactly eight in the evening when we arrived at Jungkook's house where his party was being held. In the town it stands a luxurious mansion, a few kilometers away from Manoban Ranch. Many people have come to us, mostly known and wealthy people in town. There are some high end personalities from Seoul, I know most of them, have met them once or twice in the social gatherings I attended. Lisa's holding my hand as we walk through yhe garden of the huge house where the party was being held and her snake-of-a-brother gave us a warm welcome the moment he noticed our presence.

"Lisa... Jennie.... Glad you made it." He said smiling widely.

"Oh,we wouldn't miss it for the world. Nice party, by the way." I chose to speak behalf of Lisa, because she just gave him a force smile.

"Thank you." Jungkook replied then turned to Lisa. "I'm glad you squeezed tonight considering your tight schedule. You really can't resist me."

"Don't flatter yourself Jungkook. If not for my wife, I wouldn't be here exchanging pleasantries with you." Lisa said. She smile but didn't hide the intensity when she uttered those words.

"Well, I guess I should thank the wife." He said, still smiling. Not minding the sharpness in Lisa's voice. And then he turned to me. "I think we will get along." Jungkook gave me a boyish grin and wink at me.

I felt Lisa's hand instantly snake on my waist and possesively held me against her body, that looks like anytime someone will took me from her.

Jungkook grin when he saw what Lisa did, a devilish grin. And Lisa gave him a challenging look.

"Jungkook!" We all turned to the owner of the voice who called Jungkook.

"Oh, there's the ex-wife." Jungkook murmured in complete sarcasm.

I looked intensly to the woman walking towards us.

So, she's the infamous Naeun. The one who break Lisa's heart. Her first love and her everything before me.

She's still a few steps away from us and I took it to my advantage to freely assessed the woman. She's not that tall but her stilletos made her look like she's towering the people around her. The woman's oozing with sex appeal and she's definitely a head turner. She's smiling widely but it disappeared when she saw Lisa. My eyes went to the latter and I saw how her jaw clenched while gazing at her old flame. I don't have any idea what Lisa is thinking now because her eyes are void of any emotions. It's like she's back to her cold self again.

"Naeun, my dear. Look who decided to grace our party." Jungkook greeted her with a wide smile when she reached us.

"Lisa..." I heard her gently uttered then give her a smile.

"Sis, aren't you gonna introduce the present to your past?" Jungkook was grinning from ear to ear. I know he's enjoying every moment of it.

What an asshole?!I thought.

Lisa's face hardened and I heard Naeun gasped when they heard Jungkook.

"Wifey, this is Naeun." Lisa introduced me to the woman in a voice as cold as ice. Then she turned to the latter. "This is my wife Jennie."

"Nice to meet you." I said while extending my hand for a handshake.

"Likewise." Naeun answered back and politely took my hand.

Naeun asked if we could take a seat and We would've chosen a different table if Jungkook did not insisted that we shared table with them. I know he's just playing with our emotions, whatever it's got to do with that thing I don't even know. Lisa and I remaine silent until we take our seat. Naeun is sitting on Lisa's left side while me sitting on Lisa's right. I can feel other guests secretly looking at us, Lisa told me before that Naeun relationship to her is not a secret on there town and the reason why they broke up as well. And we're like giving the whole town something to gossip about by merely seating besides each other. But the heck with it! Jungkook ejoyed it, so be it! I will make it sure that he will pay for doing this to me and to my wife.