Chapter 18

Jennie POV

I open my eyes and find myself alone in bed. Didn't want to get up yet so I grab Lisa's pillow instead and close my eyes again. I can smell her natural scent on her pillow and I can't help but smile. For two weeks now, it's been a habit to cuddle her soft pillow everytime I woke up in the morning and did not find her beside me.

It's been two weeks since my accident and everything went smoothly. My cuts and bruises have been fully healed as well as my sprained ankle. And I can very well say that I am good as new, as if nothing really happened.

And with those two weeks, Lisa has been wonderful. She took care of me and always made sure that I'm comfortable with everything. She became my other feet while I can't use mine. She attends all my needs like a loving wife that I can not complain. She's sweet and thoughtful and funny... yeah she is indeed funny in her own way because she always makes me laugh, and I'm glad that I can now see the lighter side of her, and that she actually had a lighter side behind her formidable and intimidating look. She's been the best throughout those two weeks. And I'm so lucky that I did not let our differences break our bond.

Now I realized that she's the one I'm dreaming off since I learned the meaning of true love. She's my ideal man in a woman's body. My prince charming who happens to dressed with the same as mine. It maybe a little unconventional... ok, it is indeed unconventional but who cares?! Who follows tradition anyway? They can say whatever they wanted to say, gossip all they want, but Lalisa Manoban will always be my sweet unconventional. She's my wife and the love of my life.

I had a long time in bed before I decided to get up.

I sat down on the bes and stretched my arms a little. My eyes went at the bedside table and a smile automatically form on my lips as I saw a lon stem red rose togetherwith a glass of fresh orange juice above it.

I grab the flower and the post it note that was sticked on the glass.

Wifey,

Did not have the heart to wake you up because you're sleeping like a baby. Be back at noon and we'll have lunch together. Do anything that fancies you, just do not get yourself too tired.

                                                Hubby

My smile explanded after reading the note. Lisa has really had her own way to brighten up my day and make my heart smile.

I took the glass of orange juice and drink half of it, then put upright the post it note and long stem rose. I went straight to the walk in closet and opened a door on the left side where I used. I immediately saw the glass jar where other notes and roses also given by Lisa. Some of the flowers were dried already because it was given to me weeks and days ago but still I chose to keep it. She started leaving me long stem roses and glasses of orange juice with sweet messages posted on it two weeks ago. She did it every morning since then until now, without skipping even a single day. And it's really a sweet gesture, compensating all the mornings that I woke up without her beside me. It brings a smile not only to my lips but more to my heart. Now it's one of the things that I look forward every morning, because I know waking up with a rose petals and a fresh orange juice drink waiting for me. But more than that I'm looking forward to her little notes, there are almost no differences in the writings. That I did not wake her up and go home at noon for dinner. That I do whatever I want but I do not tread. And then there's the word hubby undersigned in it. That's it, no more, no less. Not even a single I love you. But then, my heart still flattered every time I'm reading her note even though I already know what's on it. Well, I guess that's how love works on me. That's how she does on me.

I planted a gentle kiss on the rose and put it inside the glass jar together with the post it note. After I closed the door of the closet I went straight to the bathroom.