Chapter 2

Jennie POV

I parked my Chevy in one corner. The parking lot alone of Manoban building says a lot. Do not include the 90- storey building towering the whole Seoul. The high rise Manoban Corp exudes money and power. And they used it to their own advantage.

I gritted my teeth as visions of Lalisa Manoban came into my mind. A fat and ugly lady who used her money to buy herself a wife. Such a shame.

I glance at my rearview mirror and smiled confidently.

"No, hell will freeze over before you will have me Lalisa Manoban."

I took a glance at my Cartier wristwatch. 9:45am, it says. Just in time for my scheduled appointment at 10.

I took my LV bag and went out of the car.

A lot of employees inside turned their heads on me as I entered the building. I know I'm stunning in my business suit but I don't wanna look stunning, I wanna look classy and formal.

Other times, I would pay smile to everyone who drools over me. But today I chose to put my serious face. I'm meeting the CEO of the Manoban Corp not as Ruby Jane the supermodel but Miss Jennie Kim, the heiress of Kim Chain of Hotels -- might as well be prim and proper. Which I seriously hate because I'm not any of those. But I will suck it for one day, just one day.... for the sake of our company.

I went straight to the reception desk at the lobby.

"Good morning. How may I help you Ma'am?" The receptionist greeted with a cheerful voice.

"I'm looking for Miss Lalisa Manoban's office."

"Oh, the big boss. Do you have an appointment?"

"Yes, I made an appointment days ago through her secretary and she confirmed that I can see Miss Manoban today."

"Okay, one moment please." Said the young receptionist and then grab the telephone on her desk and dialled the CEO's office.

"I'm sorry Ma'am, but what's your name again?" She turned to me as she slightly put away the phone on her mouth.

"Jennie, Jennie Kim." I replied.

"Of Kim Chain of Hotels?" She asked again.

"Yes."

She again talked to the phone and tell all the details she asked me awhile ago.

I sighed in anticipation as I waited the receptionist to end the call and send me up.

"I'm sorry Ma'am but the big boss can't see you today. She happens to canceled all her appointments for a prior commitment. But if you want, you can leave a message and I will just send it to her secretary." The young receptionist said after putting down the phone.

"No,no,no. I have to see her today. This is urgent and personal. I can't just discuss it to anyone." i'm starting to lose my patience but I get hold myself. If there's anything I've learned from the catwalk, is that you can't have anything in just a blink of an eye. Patience is always a virtue.

"Miss Kim, can you see all those women?" She asked while gazing on the beautiful girls sitting not far from us.

"Yes, and so?" I asked, wondering what's the connection of those girls with my scheduled appointment to the CEO.

"All those girls said the same thing as you are.And I'm afraid to say that the big boss had a strict policy: she only accept business appointments in her office,more that... she discussed it somewhere else." She give me a meaningful stare.

I almost gasp when I realized what she's insinuating.

She's thinking I'm one of her bosses conquest.