Part 3

"I'm sorry, Sera!", John cries out in desperation.

"Monster.", that specific word echoing in John's head.

John then feels a sharp pain in his chest, stinging his heart. John gazes at the ground, his face in his hands. A memory from New Bostin appears in his head, threatening to cause him to hate himself even more.

"Hmph. Did you really think that by rallying up a bunch of people... you could take me down?"

Claire is kneeling in front of John, staring at the ground, a mixture of nervousness and contempt on her face.

"Claire. I thought you had more foresight than that. After all, you knew long before we met... that I was going to become King." John spat out, venom present in each word.

At that moment, Claire snapped.

".... Isn't that why you helped me in the first place? So you could use me to further yourself? Well you succeeded, and I played right into your hands. What more could you want?"

Claire stays silent, not peeping a word.

"Grrr.." John yells out, grabbing Claire by the bangs.

"ACK!", Claire cries out in pain.

"ANSWER ME!! WHY DID YOU TURN EVERYONE AGAINST ME? WHY WOULD YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THIS?!"

Claire's eyes bulge as she hears these words, pain stinging in her chest.

"DO I REALLY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?", John shouts in utter rage.

"HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF?!", Claire yells out, annoyed by John's antics.

John stays quiet for a moment, disbelief present in his eyes.

She shoves John's hand away and screams "LET GO!"

Claire smacks John in the face, almost as if she's literally trying to smack some sense into him.

"TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE BECOME! YOU'RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR REASONS TO HURT! YOU'RE SO CONCEITED! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT YOURSELF! YOU TYRANT! YOU HYPOCRITE! ALL THIS STRENGTH YOU HAVE NOW. YOU DON'T DESERVE ANY OF IT!" She yells at John, tears rolling down her cheek as her ex-best friend viciously attacked her and half her graduating class.

John then snaps, his eyes starting to water with tears. "What...?"

"I NEVER SHOULD'VE HELPED YOU! I WISH I NEVER MET YOU-!", Claire yells out in pure regret.

"SHUT UP!" John screams, with tears leaking down his face.

"MAKE ME! GO AHEAD AND BEAT ME UP LIKE YOU DO WITH EVERYONE ELSE!", Claire cries out, not even caring anymore.

John pulls Claire's shirt and tugs on it rigorously, turning his torso counter clockwise, getting into a fighting position. "I SAID.... SHUT THE F*CK UP!"

"Monster."

John pulls his elbow back, then thrusts it forward and throws a vicious punch at his once, so called 'best friend.'

*end of flashback*

She... This is why I didn't want to tell her! Everyone thinks I'm a monster. I'm worthless. Just another piece of trash in this world.