Part 17

John's POV
I leave, and I could swear I heard someone there.

There better not be anyone watching me.

I turn my head, seeing no one.

You know what, whatever. I don't even care at this point.

Wrong. A voice said in my head.

"Tch!" I say out loud, to no one at all.

I recall Arlo from our conversation just now.

He's so damn annoying.

I was happy before...

Until he just had to put me somewhere in his hierarchy.

What's the point?

I clench my fist, about to unleash my anger by punching a wall, until I get interrupted my someone poking my side.

"Ah f-!" I turn around, surprised. I I get interrupted by Sera, smiling.

"It's me, who were you expecting? Arlo?" She teases.

Instead of laughing, I just grimace.

Asshole.

"The bell just rung. Do you want to go now?" Sera asks me, referring to when I offered to go to Kovoro Mall with her.

I knew I'd regret it. I already do.

"I guess." I say, sadly.

"Hey, you. What's with you? I know what'll make you laugh."

I don't change my facial expression when I hear this. I am curious as to what she's going to do, though.

I see her tapping on her phone. She's calling someone. I look over her shoulder to see who she's calling.

Arlo.

He picks up on the second ring.

"Hello? Seraphina? Did you need anything?" He asks.

"Sorry, I can't talk right now." Seraphina says, hanging up on him.

And with that, I couldn't hold back my laughter. She called Arlo just to hang up on him.

He deserved that.

Revenge...

Though, more of an embarrassing or rude one than vicious.

"Hey, look at you, laughing like I just did the funniest thing in the world." She pauses, and I look at her, raising an eyebrow. "OK, who am I kidding."

"No one." I retort, smirking at her.

"Hey-!" Sera yells, pretending to be angry. "Whatever, let's just go already."

I nod in agreement.

********

Kovoro Mall
Sera and I enter Kovoro Mall, a place we go to every once in a while. Also, a place I dread, my only reason being is if I go to store with Sera, it'll take a while.