Part 36

"What?" John replied, glaring at the blonde. His foot continuously tapped the ground, as he grew more impatient by the second.

"N-never mind..." The blonde trailed off as he sighed.

"Tch," John scoffed as he twisted his body, starting to walk towards the door. "We're done here," he concluded as he left the abandoned classroom.

Arlo shuddered, clearly fazed by the malicious glare sent his way.

He really needs to stop acting like a child who can't do anything himself, and act responsible and mature, Arlo inferred.

Suddenly, a loud voice boomed over the whole school. "John Doe, please report to the main office."

John ran as fast as possible to the office, trying to get there as quickly as possible. He huffed as he entered. "Sir, you needed me?" John announced as he opened the door.

"Ah, John. Yes, please come in for a brief moment."

John walked further into his office, his eyes focused on a particular white envelope.

"Here you are," Headmaster Vaughn announced as he handed him him an envelope with $75 inside. "Congratulations. Though, I will have to talk to you later."

"Uh, a-alright, sir," John stuttered.

-Later in the Day-

John was walking down the hallway, annoyed there were still two periods left. When can we finally go home? Thankfully for him, there were few to no students in the vicinity.

Suddenly, John noticed a familiar figure walking towards him.

"Hey, you," a magenta-haired teen spoke up, snapping the raven-haired male out of his thoughts.

"U-uh, S-sera?" John sputtered, beginning to look like a nervous wreck. Sweat began to drip down his forehead, as he was at a loss of words.

"We should talk," Seraphina voiced, looking him straight in the eye.

"A-about?" John mumbled nervously.

Seraphina sighed as her thoughts repelled one another.

Even though I got overwhelmed with some sense of understanding, I shouldn't be too lenient.

The raven-haired male spaced out, a rush of thoughts beginning to overwhelm him.

"John!" Seraphina cried out. The sudden cry made John flinch, catching his full attention.

"We promised to tell each other everything, remember? 'No more secrets between us', was what we agreed on. Yet you were the masked student all along, and you didn't even tell me?" Sera voiced, her tone becoming more stern and louder by the minute.

"B-but, you never asked about it. You see, I assumed you didn't want to know and I-!" John babbled, trying to defend himself.

To be fair, I guess he's right on that one. 'What's the point of getting involved in pointless rumors,' I thought at the time.

But, now that I can confirm it, I feel a bit betrayed he hasn't mentioned a single word about the topic, Seraphina concluded.