Part 24

After the two teams got healed up, they were back and ready to fight.

Team C will fight Team B

Quick recap of the teams.

Rouker, Brian, Krolik, and Heinz will be on 'Team B'.

Gavin, Tanner, Cho, and Miri will be on 'Team C'.

Miri was not exactly in the best mood. Although her team did win earlier, she was annoyed.

For her own reasons.

Cho was very determined, and at the moment she disliked everyone on the opposing team, not giving a second thought on whether they were her friends or not.

All she knew is that she wanted to win.

Needed to.

"Alright, is Team B and Team C ready to fight?" Headmaster Vaughn asked, for reassurance.

Both teams answered "yes."

"Alright, now, start!"

This time, Gavin went in for the first move.

His eyes glowed a blinding purple as his skin turned to dark purple stone.

He ran swiftly, and striked Rouker with the part of the forearm nearest to his elbow. He attacked using as much of his strength as he could.

His skin was rock solid when he attacked.

"Urghh!!" He yelled out, in pain.

Him and Rouker were quite a bit apart, by ability level.

He doesn't seem too much stronger than me.

Tazuki presumed.

Just now, his skin was rock solid!

Increased speed and durability?

Oh, I get it!

He has a flashy power up...

But his ability is just a form of self-enhancement!

"That was only a taste of what I can do. After this, you won't be leaving in one piece." He taunted, full of himself.

Seriously? Your ability isn't even that good. You're just gloating because you found someone a somewhat weaker than you.

Rouker tried appearing as if he was lost, deep in thought.

Gavin took this as a signal that Rouker was distracted, so he went in to punch him. He bent his arm at an angle, curved it up, and went in for a punch at his jaw.

Rouker was expecting for him to make a move, so he retaliated. He punches with his dominant hand the instant Gavin led with the opposite hand. The blow crossed over the leading arm.

It is a power-punch like the uppercut and hook.

Rouker then fired a missile at Gavin. The missile struck him right in the neck. Rouker then backed up a bit, and then fired another missile at him, this time piercing Gavin in the stomach. His ability wore off a bit at that moment, so he definitely felt it.

And it hurt.

"Ugh!" Gavin cried out, from the initial pain and shock of the missile.

Gavin quickly deactivated his ability, giving it a moment to... recharge, you could say.

Cho decided to go after Krolik. She whipped up a sandstorm, out of thin air, and attacked him.

The sand was like shards. It felt as if glass was cutting through your skin, slitting it in various parts of your body.