Part 18

John's POV (The Next Morning)
"Beep!"

"Beep!

Ugh...

"Beep!"

I wake up to the sound of an annoying alarm. My first instinct is to hit snooze, but after that doesn't work I grab the alarm and almost smash it on the ground.

Almost.

I recollect myself, and remind myself that without the alarm clock, I wouldn't wake up in time for school. Then I get up and press the snooze button.

Huh. Now it decides to work.

I decide to put my blanket back to the way it was, and swiftly make my bed. Then I put a bagel in the toaster. I hear a "beep!", indicating that it finished. I then butter it, and eat it.

Once I enter the bathroom I decide to leave my hair alone, the way it naturally is. I do my regular routine and exit, leaving Blyke with more than enough time to use it.

I'm about to exit the door, when I hear my name. I turn around, to see Blyke facing me. "Uh, John? I was wondering if you'd want to wait for me today? If we can walk to school together?"

I sigh, in annoyance.

Did he not get the message yet?

"Since it seems like you haven't got the message yet, I'll be frank. No." I say, leaving.

One less person to deal with.

Earlier he wouldn't even look my way, and now all of a sudden he's being friendly? He absolutely despised me earlier. I'm not falling for this shit again. I've had enough.

Probably since he knows my secret.

Actually...

He was being like this a week ago...

Whatever his true intentions are, I'm not falling for it again. It's easier to just avoid him altogether.

*time skip*

Narrator's POV
The halls in Wellston Private High School were buzzing with excitement, as the Turf War is only one day away.

"What mask did you get?"

"How much money do you think the mid tiers will win?"

"Ugh, today we have a double ELA. ELA is so boring!"

"Arlo will probably win from the high tier section. Lucky."

"What did you get on that math test? It was so hard!"

"Who do you think will win out of the elite tiers? I think it'll be..."

"I can't wait until tomorrow! Especially since we won't have most of our classes due to the Turf War."

Most of the chatter in the hallways was about the upcoming Turf War. Nearly all of the masks being sold at Wellston were sold out already. Many students bought them at mall, as they were cheaper there, but a lot of them purchased them at the school since they didn't feel like going to the mall.

At that moment, Seraphina remembered that she should go to Doc's office, to check if the hospital checked if the liquid was safe or not. She eyes sparkled with anticipation.

Seraphina's POV
Oh, wait!

Shouldn't I go to Doc's office to check if that injection was safe or not?