Chapter 2

Laney's POV

I found a parking spot pretty close to Starbucks which was amazing. I grabbed my backpack from my drivers seat, and paused a second, preparing myself for this cold walk. I looked down at my bare stomach, "Im sorry." I said, and quickly got out of my car and carefully jogged inside. 

I was going so fast I almost ran into  someone when I opened the doors. There was a group of guys, maybe like 8. They seemed like my age, a couple looked a little older though. They were all just looking at the menu and laughing, taking their sweet old time. 

I rolled my eyes, I guess they were oblivious to the fact that they were holding up the line. I knew that this would probably be a while, so I pulled out my phone and started answering some snapchats.

I heard someone clear their throat in front of me, and when I looked up, I was met with a pair of the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. I looked at the rest of the boys face, and man it wasn't too bad either.

"Um, sorry we have no idea what we're getting, so you can go in front of us." He said giving me a soft smile. I returned a smile back to him, "oh thanks." I said. I looked up at the group of guys, and they were all looking at me now, and I suddenly regretted not wearing makeup or doing anything with my hair.

I walked past them, slightly brushing arms with one of them, and I felt my face heat up. Luckily they couldn't see my face. I walked up to the counter, and rested my arms on it, slightly bending one knee which made my opposite hip hitch up.

I noticed the guys that were now behind me stayed quiet, and I smirked to myself. Good thing I decided on grey leggings today. 

I rested my phone against the counter, so my screen was facing me, and snapchat was open. I was answering snaps while waiting for the barista. He finally finished what he was doing, and I groaned at who it was.

It was the creepiest guy ever. He was definitely the mid 20's, living with his parents, nerd kinda guy. He always made me uncomfortable when I came here, and I was hoping he wouldn't be working today.

He saw me, and he immediately gave me this weird smirk thing obviously trying the be seductive or something, but it was the complete opposite. "Well, if it isn't my favorite costumer." He said. I shifted uncomfortably and gave an awkward laugh.

"Hi, could I have a-" He cut me off. "I don't think I've ever gotten your snapchat. How bout it?" He asked with hopeful eyes. My eyes widened. I looked at my phone which was resting on the counter...with snapchat opened. I quickly shut it off before he could see it, "Um no sorry don't have one." I said.

I heard some of the guys trying to hold In their laughs, but still letting out a few snickers. I mentally face palmed myself, everyone behind me could see that I definitely had a snapchat.

"Oh well... what about instagram, twitter?" He asked again. I refrained from rolling my eyes, and plastered a fake smile, "Nope, no social media for me. Anyway could I have a-" He cut me off again. 

"Are you sure? A pretty girl like you almost always has some sort of social-" This time it was my turn to cut him off, "Look man, I don't have any social media. Now will you let me order my shit I have stuff I need to do." I said remembering about the classes I need to enroll in. 

The guys behind me didn't try to hide their laughs this time, which earned a glare from the barista. "Yeah sure go ahead." he said looking down at his cash register. I didn't even feel bad. This creep was in his 20s hitting on a 17 year old. Ew.

"Can I have a venti double chocolate chip frap with no whipped cream. And a shot of espresso." I said. He looked at me with a confused look, "like, just a plain shot?" He asked. I rolled my eyes this time, "yes a plain shot."