Chapter 21

Jack's POV

"Wait wait, don't close the doors!" Brady yelled as he, Quinn, and Josh ran onto the bus. We were all already in our seats and we've been waiting to leave. "Thanks for joining us boys." coach rolled his eyes as the guys quickly got in their seats.

I turned around to face the three of them, "Where the hell were you guys?" I asked. "Oh uh, we found some super hot babes by the pool, and got a little carried away. Isn't that right boys?" Josh smirked.

"yeah 18s you guys totally missed out." Quinn laughed. "What no fair. Would've appreciated the invite" Trevor whined. I just shook my head and turned back around.

"I'm being serious you know," Trev started as he also turned back around, "I feel like I'm the only one not getting girls. I want some love too you know." he pouted. I furrowed my eyebrows, "wait,  what do you mean you haven't gotten any girls?" I asked.

"dude, you know.  The last time I got with a girl was back in Michigan like 4 months ago. Let me tell you I am STRUGGLING. You got Laney like a week after we got to DC, whats not clicking for me?" he whined.

I couldn't help but laugh he sounded like a 4 year old, "what about you and Marianna?" I asked. He gave me a confused look, "me and- what are you talking about?" he asked. My eyes widened. I overheard Mari telling Laney about the two of them, I guess he still doesn't remember.

"Oh nothing. No never-mind" I stuttered as I looked out of the window. He pulled on my arm, "no way bullshit, spill. What about me and Marianna?"he asked. Shit what did I do I shouldn't be the one to tell him.

"Seriously  it's nothing. I don't know I just thought you two were hitting it off. My bad if I misread the situation." I saved myself.

"Oh," he calmed down a little, "ok. I mean, I do like her. I mean she's funny and fun to be around. And she's pretty good looking. Hey maybe I should get after that." he shrugged. I hit his arm, "dude" I warned.

"Ow not like that. I mean like actually get to know her and stuff. Jeez Jack I'm not an ass." he mumbled as he rubbed his arm. "Yeah well just be careful because if you hurt her, you know Laney will kill you."

"Yeah believe me I know, im like 98% sure that she can and will beat my ass if it ever comes to that." he said.

I laughed at the thought of Laney punching Trev in the face. But my laugh started to die down, and I remembered what's going on between us.

"Hey, c'mon man don't think about it too much," Trev said as he noticed my mood change. " Believe me Laney likes you just as much as you like her. Being apart for this long is hard on her too she didn't mean what she said." he explained

I rolled my eyes, "you don't know that." I told him. "Believe me dude i know," he chuckled, "she tells me everything." That didn't help at all, it actually made me more annoyed. "Yeah that's the problem" I snapped. He furrowed his eyebrows, "what?" He asked. I sighed, "IM her boyfriend. I should be the one she tells everything to. I feel like she doesn't tell me anything. She doesn't let me in." I ranted.

"Jack, I know you're her boyfriend, you don't have to remind me. She talks to me about you all the time it's annoying." I laughed. "She does? She talks about me to you?" I asked. "All the time. She doesn't see me as anything other than her brother, and I feel the same way. She tells me everything because I'm NOT her boyfriend. You know she's had bad experiences in the past. She either doesn't know how to open up to you, or she's scared. No matter the reason you can't give up on her dude. She needs you." Trev said seriously.

I nodded my head, "I know. I'm never gonna give up on her. I just wish she would tell me stuff. Well anything other than the fact that she's perfectly fine not seeing me for 2 months." I sighed as I rested my head on the window.