Chapter 6

"Good morning mom. Morning Dad" I said as I skipped into the kitchen. I walked over to where my mom was standing, and gave her a kiss on the cheek, then to the table and bent down and gave my dad a kiss too.

He looked from his newspaper with a surprised look. My mom wiped her hands on her apron then looked up at me. "What's the special occasion that has my daughter in such a good mood?" She asked. I just shrugged, "I don't know, I'm just in a good mood." I smiled.

Yeah, this can't possibly have anything to do with the fact that I was snap chatting jack all last night, then this morning the boys made a group chat and put me in it. I've been up since about 8 am laughing my ass off at all of the funny pictures and videos they were sending.

Especially the video of them waking up Trevor. They filled up the hotel ice bucket with water and threw it on him, and I've never seen someone jump so fast it was the funniest thing. I felt genuinely happy this morning, which is something I haven't felt in a while.

"Well, whatever it is, I like it." My mom said handing me a muffin she just made. I gladly took it, and sat down at the small round table directly in front of my dad. I started eating the muffin, but not taking my eyes off of him.

He looked up at me with a raised eyebrow. "Yes?" He asked me. I looked at him a while before figuring out what to say.

My dad and I have always been inseparable. I have a sister who's three years older than me, and is in college. Growing up ,my sister and my mom never really had an interest in hockey. Me on the other hand, I loved it.

I only loved it because my dad did though. Hockey was and is everything to him, and since my dad was my best friend, I wanted to love it just as much as he did. So because of that, when I was like 6, I made my dad teach me everything there was to know about hockey.

Every night me and my dad would be in the basement watching hockey and just talking about the game. He would take me with him to his practices during his last year in the NHL, and no one could really say no because, I mean he was Pat Mitchell.

Every person I met was shocked at how much I knew about hockey at such a young age, and people would joke that I knew more and could play better than half the rookies in the league. So many guys from the league know me because of that, and because I was basically attached to my dad at the hip.

But recently, our relationship hasn't been the same, not since my injury. It was like was he was mad at me for tearing my ACL, as if I had a choice. I tried to act like it didn't bother me, but honestly, I missed my dad being my best friend.

"What are your plans for today?" I asked. He put his newspaper down, and actually looked at me for once. "Well, later today your mother and I are driving to Pittsburgh. There's a reunion for the 1990 draft class." He explained. My dad was drafted by the Blackhawks in 90, and retired from the Capitals In 2007, so you could say he moved around a lot.

I looked at him, then to my mom, "So you guys weren't gonna tell me?" I asked. My mom looked at me with a confused face, "Honey, we did. We told you a couple weeks ago." She said. I looked down, "oh." I must have forgotten.

"Well when will you be back?" I asked. "Well its Friday, so I think Sunday night?" My mom asked my dad. He nodded and went back to reading his newspaper. "We're staying with Crosby." He said, a small smile tugging at his lips.

My mouth dropped. "You guys are staying at uncle Sid's and I'm not going?!" I basically yelled. Now my dad had a full on smirk, he knows how much I love the guy. Sidney Crosby has been one of my dad's best friends since forever. He's been around all of my life, and is like an uncle to me. "That's why we didn't bring it up much. We knew you would probably get upset since you weren't coming." He smiled sipping his coffee.