chapter 24

"Holy shit this food is insane. You can just tell it's fancy." Alex said with his mouth full. "Gross Turcs we're at a 5 star restaraunt they'll probably kick us out if you talk with your mouth full." Matt said in disgust.

"Oh yeah?" Alex challenged as he began obnoxiously chewing with his mouth open, earning laughs from the other boys. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but laugh. I looked over at Jack, but he was already staring right at me.

"What are you looking at weirdo?" i teased. He smirked, "just my beautiful girlfriend." he said. I looked down at my dress as i tried to hide my annoying blush, which caused Jack to laugh. He leaned his head down close to me so his mouth was by my ears, and it made goosebumps run up the back of my neck.

"I love that I can do that to you." he whispered, and i could basically hear his smirk in his voice. I fake smiled back, "aren't you just so cocky," i said as i elbowed him in his side. "Ow. Painful" he whined as he rubbed his side.

I copied what he did and leaned in so my mouth was right by his ear, "I guess since everyone knows... i can do this," i whispered and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. His eyes widened and the tips of his ears turned red. I smirked, "Hm, guess it works on you too." He rolled his eyes as he smiled at me, "shut up."

"If i see anymore PDA i promise you I'll hurl" Cole said in disgust. "Yeah chill with that. Just because you guys are... da- dat-...ugh i can't even say it." Brady said with the same look that Cole had. I laughed, "C'mon guys don't act like you didn't all know it was coming." i said.

"Yeah guys it's been kinda obvious since day one. Leave them alone" Marianna said with her mouth full of cheesecake. Jack pointed at her, "Thank you"

"I mean yeah we all knew it was gonna happen. But now that it's real, it gives me the heebie-jeebies." Josh shuddered.

"Really Josh. The heebie-jeebies?" I said. He shurgged as he sipped his drink, "It's true."

Suddenly, there was an eruption of laughs coming from one of the other tables. We all looked over, and who else was it other than the Canadians.

"On a more important note, what are we gonna do about them?" Trevor asked annoyed. An array of "yeahs" came from the other guys.

"Nothing. Look they're just having a good time, like us. Leave it alone." i said. "Uh what? Lanes do you not remember what happened last time?" Alex asked. Jack turned to me, "Yeah Laney what do you mean do nothing?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, i remember what happened last time. Look, it happened ok. And then you guys got back at them on the ice. Everythings fine now, it's even. So drop it." i said seriously. I didn't want this whole Canada thing to get in the way of the boys focusing on winning.

"Yeah right we'll drop it. Pre-tourney game part two aye boys?" Brady smirked. The other guys all agreed nodding their heads. I even heard Mari let out a "damn straight"

"Yeah? And what happened at that game? You lost." I pointed out. The smirks left all of the guys' faces. "Low blow Laney" Matt said. The other's agreed.

"Look I'm sorry, but it's true ok. Your heads weren't in the game. You guys were too focused on getting back at them and starting scrums after every damn whistle, and you weren't focused on winning. I don't want that to happen again. The way you hurt them is if you beat them, got it?" i asked.

They nodded, "Guys she's right. Our last game against them was probably our sloppiest game yet" Quinn said.

"So it's settled. New game plan, beat the Canadians." Cole said. "No no. Beat the candians, WHILE laying big hits." Josh said. "Hell yeah" brady agreed while giving him a high five. I laughed as I shook my head, those two are literally the bash brothers.