Chapter 22

Laney's POV

"Are you even supposed to be here?" Matt asked. I slowly took off my helmet and shook my head to fix my hair. "I don't know, am I?" I smirked.

All of the guys' mouths dropped open, but all my attention was on Jack. "No fucking way" he breathed. I giggled as he just stood there like an idiot. "you just gonna stand there Hughesy?" I laughed.

All of a sudden he hopped over the boards and ran onto center ice. He immediately engulfed me in a hug which almost made us fall over. I closed my eyes as I buried my head in the crook of his neck. I could feel both of our hearts pounding against our chests. I didn't want to let go, but I remembered the guys were right there.

I lifted my head up and faced him, "hey." I smiled. He took a tiny step back, just enough so he could see my face. God I missed seeing his face in person.

"how are you- what are you doing here?" he stuttered. "right after you told me you guys were coming to Canada, my dad decided to make it a family trip." He furrowed his eyebrows, "why wouldn't you tell me?" he asked.

I looked down at the ice, "I said some things I didn't mean and I felt like the shittiest person ever," I met his eyes again, "So I wanted to make it up to you and surprise you." I sent him a small smile.

He laughed, "you are not the 'shittiest person ever'" he mimicked me, "you're the best girlfriend ever." My eyes widened as I looked at the guys, and back to him. "Jack" I whispered. We weren't gonna tell them this soon.

He rolled his eyes at me, "Laney, I could honestly care less. I've been waiting too long for this." And before I knew it he slammed his lips onto mine. It took me by surprise, and I was hesitant to kiss him in front of the guys, but eventually, I caved in. 

Our lips were in perfect sync, and butterflies erupted in my stomach. 

"Ha! I knew it I knew it I knew it. Cole you new me 10 bucks" Alex yelled. I Rolled my eyes jokingly as I pulled away from Jack. "Alex look what you did, you ruined their moment" Trevor said hitting Alex in the arm. 

"Well, I'm glad that's over because I never need to see that again." Brady shuddered. I laughed as I faced Jack again. "Well, I guess they know." He snaked his arm around my waist and smiled at me, "I guess they do." 

Jack and I went back to where everyone else was and jumped over the boards. "Finally, can we have time with Waney now?" Josh said as he engulfed me in a hug. "Good to see you too Josh" I laughed.

"Laney, I have to ask. What the hell do you see in...that?" Quinn asked as he pointed to Jack. "Shut up" Jack said, as he attempted to put Quinn in a choke hold...which he failed miserably.

Trevor walked around the two and swung his arm over my shoulder. "Good to see you kid. I really don't appreciate you leaving me by myself with these bone heads. Plane ride was absolutely brutal" he whined. 

I copied him and put my arm around his shoulders, "sucks to suck. I was mighty comfortable in our private plane if I may say so myself." I stuck my chin up jokingly. Trev's 6'3 self looked right over me at the other guys, "no way she has a private jet." he asked them in awe.  I couldn't help but laugh. I love these guys.

Suddenly the doors to the ice rink opened and echoed throughout the whole arena. All of our necks snapped in that direction. 

"Um ex-CUSE me! Why did NO ONE think to wake me up. I missed the whole thing!" Mari yelled as she stomped towards us. My eyes widened as I looked at the 3 oldest. "You guys were supposed to wake her up you idiots" I whisper/yelled.

"Sorry we forgot she was even there. Who falls asleep in a random locker room 5 minutes after we get there?" Brady attempted to whisper, but Marianna was already in ear shot. "Me that's who. There was a couch, I said I would take a 5 MINUTE NAP while she was putting all that on,"she pointed to my hockey gear, "and I SPECIFICALLY said wake me up before she goes out. And what did you do, you DIDN'T wake me up. I basically planned this and didn't get to see it.  I hate you all" She pouted as she crossed her arms.