Nine- An Idea

We all sat stunned at what had just come out of Xenophon's mouth. Zor looked shocked and even a bit nervous at his brother's agreement to Zeek's statement, but Zeek looked surprised and excited. After all it was his idea to bring me to their home planet.

"Really? Are you serious? We can take her home?" Zeek said with an excited almost squeaky tone like a child who was just told they could choose a piece of candy at the store. His eyes were bright and shining purple with streaks of gold, making my own eyes glue themselves to the swirling colors in his excited eyes.

"You can not be serious, Xenophon. It would be extremely dangerous to take a human back with us!" Zor said sharply, his shocked expression turning to one of seriousness and concern.

I looked between the brothers and just sat listening, shocked and unable to speak for myself. I rake my hand through my brown hair as if it is supposed to help soothe my new anxieties. Even the idea of leaving Earth and going to an entirely new planet with a brotherhood of aliens was insane enough to make my head spin a bit. I would be on a completely new planet with who knows what sort of creatures and what not. Not to mention, I would become the alien invader.

I swallow hard and turn back to Xenophon who has a completely serious look upon his handsome facial features.

"Yes, I am serious Zor," Xen finally spoke firmly toward his brother. "She is connected to me, and I am connected to her. Once the bond is formed she is under protection of our entire family," Xen said. Silence filled the air as his brother took a second of thought before he gave him looks of acknowledgement.

"Where better to protect her than where we all are? She will have us three, mother, father and Axa, and anyone we have allied with as well. It will keep her away from the invasion our kind has begun here on Earth. This may be the only way to save her life, brother," Xen said, his voice softening at the last part.

I looked up to see his eyes flash with what would only be known as fear; fear that I may not live through this alien apocalypse if I remain on Earth. It is strange to see such emotion for someone you have only known a matter of days. This connection bond he says we share must be stronger than I first imagined.

I think about how I feel about the tall, god-like alien in front of me. I realize I too had immediately felt protection with him and trusted him enough to separate from my fellow human friends. The bizarre feeling of connection to a stranger has my heart beating faster, but I am distracted when Zeek's face lights up and his head began nodding with excessive agreement.

"Yes yes we must take her! It is the safest way to protect the one you're destined to be with, Xen! Zor you have to see the good reasoning behind this," Zeek spoke excitedly. I could not hold back my smile at Zeek's excitement towards bringing me along though we had only briefly known each other.

A few minutes of silence pass as Zor sits pondering his brothers' theory. Eventually, he looks up to the group and nods.

"You are right. When are we scheduled to leave Earth and return home?" he asked flatly.

"Two days time, but we must arrive at the port tomorrow," Xen said, followed by a concerned frown. Based on Zeek's similar expression, I figured that would be a tough point.

"We need a plan," Xen stated, a purple fire of determination glowing in his amethyst eyes.

Lizzy's POV

I would say another day passed but honestly I was not quite sure how long it had been. The cave prevented us from keeping natural track of time, let alone days and nights. The formidable darkness was all we knew, and it was creating a strange internal clock for all of us.

We had hiked a few miles at least today, or whenever we were awake. It wasn not as long as the usual walk we would take. The cave was growing increasingly colder as we walked deeper and deeper into its belly, causing us to grow more despaired.

Kaylee was slowing us down as she had sprained her ankle falling on one of the climbs down some rocks. Not only was her physical body holding us back, but her constant complaining about it made everyone want to jam sticks into our ears and burst our eardrums to cancel her voice out.

Another issue we knew would soon be upon us was the lack of flashlights. Two of our lights were already dead. Our saving grace now was the lights that were powered by vigorously shaking them.

We were all hungry and all snacks were long gone. We did manage to catch and kill a bat once, but he was not much to eat. We had tried to catch more but as our journey took us deeper into the cave the bats became unavailable. This left us nothing but cave water to drink and survive on and the hope that there were no strange and deadly parasites lurking in the cool streams we ingested.

"This was a bad idea, going deeper into the cave I mean," Cade states. Kaylee and John agree with him, along with Grayson after a moment of thought. I shook my head and looked towards Bastion who was already looking at me.

"What do you think, Liz?" he asked with a slight chuckle and I smiled sarcastically at him.

"Well it you really want my opinion, I think we can't be too terribly far from an exit point. How big could this cave system be?" I say and he shrugs at me before looking away.

"We need food! I can see John's ribs!" Grayson says with a whine.

"And they look delicious..." John follows, causing the cave to erupt with laughter. The only relief we have had was the jokes from one another, but as we go deeper and stay longer in the cave, that commodity has gotten slim.

Exhaustion was taking its toll on everyone. Once in a while someone would hit a moody point and snap at someone else. Others would stay quiet, reserving their energy for walking we would have ahead. I think we all knew we would not last much longer in the caves, some of us more urgently wanting to turn back than others.

We are all on edge, and some of us are on the edge of a breaking point. By that I mean Cade and Kaylee. They both keep saying they want to get out and turn around and find another way and I'm sure if Kaylee went then her brother would follow as well. I fear that time is fast approaching...

Xenophon's POV

My brothers and I sit silently while we ponder our obstacles to get my mate onto our ship. I hear Zeek clear his throat and I turn my head towards him as he begins to speak.

"Well, our main difficulty will be getting her passed the main sensors," he states. Zor and I nod in agreement as Morgan stays quiet, only looking up to whoever speaks.

"True, but the sensors are triggered by humans. There is no way she will get past the defenses even with us surrounding her," Zor says in his deep almost guttural voice.

I stop and think scrambling to find a way for us to get her passed the defense mechanisms of the port. The port is where our aircrafts are stored and where most of us stay when we are on Earth. I feel my chest clench with anxiety at the thought of having to leave my mate behind and what fate may await her.

"If we could only get her through the main defenses we could sneak her to our ship and head off to Dyspheria," Zeek says as he straightens his lips.

I am wracking my brain, desperately trying to think of any way to get her through when it dawns on me. I look down at Morgan who has been sitting silently as my brothers and I converse.

She is not going to like what I am about to say. I begin to blush just thinking about it even though it is most likely the only way to get her to my ship.

"I know one way the sensors won't see her as human," I begin. Everyone's eyes are on me, as I swallow hard. "The sensors only let our species through, correct?" I look between my brothers.

"Yes due to the DNA sensors. What are you saying?" Zor asks. I can tell they are getting impatient with my slight stalling between sentences.

"Well there is one way her body will be identified as one of us," I keep stalling, avoiding the final sentence.

I look down and see her beautiful face patiently waiting for my solution. I swallow hard, and take a deep breath. I sigh as I begin to say the key to getting her in.

"If she is pregnant with a Dyspherian child," I state and I see her face whip towards me and grow pale.