Sixteen- Confrontation

I could not help but stare blankly at Thane. Now, not only do I have one, but two alien- dragon mates! Just fucking great! Thane must have seen the panic in my eyes and he gently places a hand on my shoulder.

"Relax Morgan, we will figure this out in at least an hour," he said smiling. I looked at him and raised my eye brows, widening my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, my voice raised in confusion and panic.

"Yep, Xenophon is about to come rampaging into this cave any minute now," he said flatly, rolling his eyes as I furrowed my eye brows, confused at his statement.

He positioned himself in front of me. Instinctively I put myself behind him, holding onto his shirt. I heard the roar before we saw him.

He came storming in, completely into his dragon like form, ready to tear someone's limb off. He began to charge at Thane, but he must have seen me behind him because he stopped dead in his tracks. Running behind him were Zeek and Zor in their human forms. They all seemed surprised to see Thane and I.

"Cousin, what is the meaning of this?! Do you know who she is?!" Xenophon roared.

Thane got a big devil smirk on his face before flashing his eyes red. Xen's face dropped as he slowly melted back into his human form. He was shaking his head, clearly shocked at Thane's action.

"You're lying," Xen asked quietly, his voice almost shaking.

Thane's smirk dropped, and he slowly nodded. Xen put his hands on his head, slightly running them through his hair. He sighed before looking towards me as I peeked out from behind Thane.

"How did you find her?" Xen asked.

"I heard her heartbeat through the cave walls. It was easy to find her really. My question is is why the fuck did you hurt her?" he said the last part angrily.

"It was not my fault. We got carried away and it was an accident. I didn't mean to hurt her," Xen replied defensively.

"But you should have been more careful!" Thane said before putting an arm backwards around me, holding me to him. He must have expected Xenophon to change and a battle to begin, but Xen kept himself composed.

"I have taken care of her as long as I've known her existence! It was one slip up!" Xen yelled.

I flinched as his voice grew. Thane must have felt it, because he turned around and held me in a hug. My face came just below his chest, making his towering figure feel even more safe to me. I wrapped myself around him, holding my tears back.

"Sh, it's okay, Little One. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise," Thane spoke softly to me. I nodded lightly before pulling away a moment later. I stepped in front of Thane, but he kept an arm around me the entire time.

"Mo!" Zeek squealed as he stepped forward and in front of Xen.

He seemed so excited to see me. I looked up to Thane who nodded his approval. I stepped forward and Zeek swallowed me in a bear, or should I say dragon, hug. I laughed and he smiled as he held onto me for a moment.

"We were so worried about you! I thought I had lost my best friend!" he said, a slight crack coming at the end.

"I'm sorry, Zeek. I missed you too. I didn't mean to scare you or worry you, I just... I got scared and ran," I said softly as he held my head with one hand and my lower back with the other as both of my arms were wrapped around his middle.

After a moment, I stepped back and stood on my tip toes and messed up his white mohawk, which had slightly grown out on the sides. He smiled down at me before giving one last hug before I returned to Thane.