Thirty Three- Innocence

As the sun peeked through the window, I began to stir. It was so warm and cozy inside the blankets as the sun warmed them, I never wanted to move. As I began to wake up a bit more, I suddenly felt a presence in my room. 

Sitting up slightly and looking to the other side of the room, my eyes focused themselves on Xen, who was peacefully sitting in a chair. As he noticed me looking his way, his neutral face grew into a small smile. 

"Good morning," he said softly.

"Morning," I spoke with a groggy voice. "Where's Thane?" 

"He went out to the store to get food," Xen responded. He seemed a bit irritated that I had asked where Thane was, but he didn't say anything about it. 

"How are you feeling?" Xen asked as he stood up and made his way to my bed. He took a seat at the foot of it gently, making sure my feet were out of the way. He smiled down on me as I replied to his question. 

"I'm fine, just doing a lot of thinking and all. It's not really everyday your sort of ex mate and father of your child comes in and says it wasn't really their fault and that our baby doesn't respond to him as she should," I say as I sit up and look down at the blankets on my lap. 

"Morgan," he says softly. His voice is as wonderful as I always remembered it. Deep and strong but soft when needed. "I'm so sorry," he says as he reaches over and holds my small hand in his larger one. 

"I should've been more careful. I knew there would be times where my throne would be wanted and threatened by others. I never thought it would've happened this way though," he says while rubbing circles around my hand with his thumb. 

"I just don't know what to think," I say softly, almost in a whisper. "Even if it wasn't your fault, it hurt so badly. You'll never even know how badly it hurt. Along with that, I've grown to love it here and with Thane and Zor and Mia and everyone else. They're wonderful to me and they've become my family," 

"Morgan," Xen begins. "I will never let anything like this happen again. I just want you back so badly. All I have ever wanted was you and now our child too. I want her to love me like she loves Thane. I'll do anything to make you happy and make you mine again," he said as we make eye contact. His eyes are a mixture of colors and emotions. Red and blue swirl together, showing he loves me and he is saddened by everything that has happened. 

We remain quiet for a few moments before his head rises slightly and his blue in his eyes fades. "Would you try again with me if I promised we could stay here as long as you wanted or as long as we could?" he asks, hope filling his eyes. 

"What if Alpha Lycus says you can't stay? You did try to fight him last night," I say. 

"We can talk with him. Please, can we try? I love you Morgan, and I love our child too. All I want is to be with you and our baby girl," he begs, the blue returning to his eyes. 

My heart begins to beat faster and my chest tightens to see him begging me like this. Even through everything I know I do still love Xenophon. He was/ is my first love, and that is something that will never fade away. 

I am scared that something will happen again, but what could possibly be worse than what we have already been through? He promises that nothing will ever come between us again, and even with my most skeptical mind, I can tell he is being honest. 

There is only one thing that would completely convince me of Xen's innocence in all of this and his name is Zeek. Xen says Zeek saw everything happen. I have to speak to him in order to be one hundred percent sure of my decision. 

"I want to talk to Zeek," I say looking Xen directly in the eyes. 

"Done, I'll have him here as soon as possible," he says. I nod.