Eighteen- Success

When I finally wake up, I see I am no longer bare. My clothes have been changed and I am back at camp surrounded by the alien men. I sit up with a groan and stretch my limbs.

    Everyone's eyes seem to be on me. Thane's gaze seems different now. Before it was lustful and protective, now it is neutral and friendly.

    "Good morning, Mo!" Zeek yells.

    I can not help but roll my eyes and slump back down onto the blankets and cover my head with my arm. I hear a burst of laughter come from in front of me.

    "Morgan," Xen's soothingly deep voice breaks the laughter. I pick myself up and look at Xenophon who had a comforting smile on his face.

    "Love, may I check something?" I look at him with a curious expression.

    "I guess so," I say as a question. He smiles before placing his hand on my stomach.

    "Zor, would you come here please?" he asks. Zor obeys and walks to the opposite side of me than Xen is. They exchange glances but it is clear Zor understands.

    Zor copies Xen's action and places his warm hand over my stomach. He leaves it for a moment as if he is concentrating before he looks up to Xen with a smile. That was the first time I had seen Zor genuinely smile on his own.

    "She's pregnant," he says. I look over to Xen with a shocked and confused expression only to see his face light up like it was the best thing that's ever happened. Out of the blue a yell crosses our ears.

    "I'm going to be an uncle!" Zeek squeals, causing a burst of laughter.

    "How can you tell? It has only been a few hours," I state, confused as normally you have to wait at least a few weeks before you can tell you are pregnant.

    "A dyspherian child grows faster than a human child. That, and we have a sense that can detect even the earliest pregnancies," Xen explains.

    "Congratulations you two," Thane speaks up with a smile.

    "I second that," Zor speaks. He seems happier than he used to and I can not deny that it is a bit relieving to me.

    "We are officially family now, Morgan. And I vow to protect you and your child with all my power," Zor speaks. I smile at him before Xen and I both say our thank you's.

    I turn to Thane who does not seem bothered by the situation anymore. Any sign of jealousy is gone and his expression is genuine happiness for me.

    "Thane, could I ask you something?" I say before I really think the situation through.

    "Yes?" he responds.

    "If I was your mate too, you seem to have changed overnight about this situation. How does it change so quickly?" I ask.

    "Ah. I figured you would ask about that. You see when you and Xenophon... you know... and he marked you, he became your only connection. Nobody else will ever connect with you that way again," he explains.

    "But what about you? Will you never have anyone again either?" I ask receiving a light chuckle come from him.

    "I will find another connection. Our mates are not like what you would read in books. We can connect with more than one person in our lifetime," he says with a smile.

    "Good! I wouldn't want you to be alone the rest of your life because of me," I say with a slight giggle. I feel Xen's arm snake around my shoulders and pull me close. I lean into him and everything feels perfect.