Forty Two- A Child of the Stars

It has been just about two months since the group of representatives left for Earth. It took around two weeks to train everyone and instruct them on how to behave around the humans they'll encounter. 

We have been anxiously waiting for the day they return which could be tomorrow or a week from now. 

My belly has grown a lot in the last two months. It looks like a full term baby belly but I should have another week to three weeks left. I've had a few pains here and there, but nothing I was super concerned about. Xenophon checks on her every single day, making sure she's healthy. 

It's amazing that they can just know how the baby is doing and such. It's like they're a walking ultrasound. 

We walk around the castle a lot, making sure I still get plenty of exercise and keep everything working properly. 

Xenophon and I were doing just that, a daily walk around the castle grounds. His large hand made mine look like a child's as we held them together. I can't wait to see how small Luminara will look in his large arms. I mentally chuckled to myself at the thought. 

Mia and Zor had gotten much closer, and it didn't take long before his mark showed up on her shoulder. I giggled to myself the day I first saw it and gave her a knowing look fallowed by a wink. Her cheeks blushed bright red as she knew she'd been caught. 

We've all been preparing for the trip to Earth though. Training every day. Well training as much as a pregnant woman could for me, but everyone else was doing their best to get in shape. 

I helped mostly by preparing them for the humans. I knew they wouldn't trust most of the shifters, but with me being by their side we'd have a fighting chance. 

"What are you thinking about, my love?" Xen's voice brought me out of my thoughts. 

"Just about the whole war thing, you know. No biggie," I said sarcastically. 

"You don't need to stress about it. We have plenty of time before we even have to go to Earth. Aren't you more concerned about... you know..." he asked awkwardly. I raised my brow at him. 

"I don't know, please elaborate?" I said, with a chuckle. 

"Pushing a baby out," he said, kind of mumbled. 

"I wasn't until now," I said as cramps began to increase inside my stomach and a wetness began to form on my pant legs. I stopped in my tracks and I gave him a pained look and he returned me a look of confusion.

After a few moments of him looking confused, I finally motioned to the liquid that was now soaking my legs and lower area. To say his eyes grew to be as big as saucers would be an understatement. 

I saw panic slightly set in and he began to speak but was at a loss for words. 

"Relax. Just get me to the medical room," I said, trying to regain control of the situation and my mate. Honestly, I was scared as hell now. 

He nodded quickly and helped me to the hospital wing which thankfully was only a few halls away on the first floor. Once we arrived, he called for the doctor and the family. 

Adina came into the room with the doctor while the rest of the family stayed outside. Xen stayed next to my upper body, holding one of my hands firmly. I'm pretty sure he was more scared than I was. 

The doctor was a woman with silvery white hair which was cut to a bob style. She was an older woman, clearly older than Adina. She put some gloves on and began to examine my state. 

"You're not fully dilated yet honey. Keep us informed on the contractions. Once they're more frequent and you feel the need to push, we will begin the delivery," she said with a warm smile and a nod. 

"Alright, thank you," I said kindly. I looked to Xen and Adina who were standing to the side of my bed. 

"You'll do just fine honey. She will be here before you know it," Adina said gently. And boy was she right. 

Before long, I was pushing out my beautiful baby girl. The thought of having my baby safe and in my arms completely took over my senses and the pain was last on my mind. 

Adina helped me so much through the pushing and breathing, the doctor helping with the actual medical stuff. Xen was honestly kind of just in shock for most of it, but he got over it in the end and was cheering me on and holding my hand. 

Once she was fully delivered, the doctor took her to the corner of the room and cleaned her up and examined her. It didn't take long for her to return her, and she placed the beautiful green eyed beauty into my arms. She had fuzzy black hair as her father had. The doctor informed us she weighed six  and a half pounds, which was still a healthy weight even though she was couple weeks early. 

His face was full of pride and happiness. Adina was crying with joy like I was. Once the doctor had me fully cleaned up and covered, the rest of the family entered the room with a buzz of excitement. 

The only people who were missing were my friends and my family. My parents and my sister. I had a moment of sadness wash over me, but I knew I had to pull through. I had a baby now and I knew I had to move on and be happy with my new family. 

Zeek and Axa were a bit obnoxiously excited about their new baby niece. Before I passed Luminara to anyone else, Xenophon bent down to pick her out of my arms. When she made eye contact with him, her eyes flashed purple. 

We both stood, stunned at the change in her eye color. We looked at each other and immediately knew she was unique. The first known baby of her kind. It was possible there were others like her back on Earth, but as of now she was her own little element. My little element.

Xenophon picked her up gently out of my arms and she made a coo of content. He smiled down at her, and she seemed to cuddle into his arms. Once he had held her for a few minutes, Adina and Zandos insisted on him passing her along to her grandparents. 

"You're going to be Queen one day, and grandma and grandpa will be so proud of you," Adina cooed to the baby in her arms. Zandos played with her fingers, a sparkle in his eyes. 

Once again, the next people in line were discontent with waiting. 

"Give me my Lulu!" Zeek demanded and the room instantly filled with laughter at Zeek's new nickname for Luminara. It was cute and fit her, and I was sure it would stick among the family. Adina sighed and handed the baby off to Zeek. 

He looked adorable with his new niece in his arms. He rocked her and bounced her slightly, and she cooed to him as she had with Xenophon. 

While Zeek had her in his arms, a knock came to the door of the large room we were in. Axa turned around as she was closest to the door and opened it. Standing in the door stood Thane and Azar, a smile on their faces. 

"I heard there was a new member of the family," Thane said with a smirk. 

"You're not getting her until I've had my turn!" Axa told Thane. 

"Hell nobody's ever getting her away from me," Zeek said with a chuckle as he looked down to his niece. 

"Yeah right, pass her on! It's my turn!" Axa demanded. With an irritated sigh and an eye roll, Zeek passed Luminara to Axa and once she was done, she passed her to Thane. 

As soon as Luminara got into Thane's arms she cooed loudly as if to say she was very happy with who she was with. I looked to see Xenophon's eyes darken slightly. A moment later, the baby started crying and she was handed back to me. 

"Alright everyone, give the new mother some space. Time to feed the baby," Adina shooed everyone but Xenophon and the doctor out. 

I finished feeding my newborn and the room was quiet. The doctor left and Adina went with her family out of the room, leaving Xen and I to ourselves with our baby. 

"She's perfect," Xen said softly before planting a soft kiss on my forehead. "You did so well today," he spoke as softly as he did before. 

"She's going to be an amazing leader someday. I just know it," I said with a proud smile. Luminara looked up to me and Xen, her big baby eyes suddenly turning purple as she looked to us. She gave a soft baby coo before she closed her eyes and fell asleep in my arms. 

A Child of The Stars.