Thirty Four- Fiery Mate

We all stare at Thane in shock and confusion. 

"Why are you running from your mate?" I ask. 

"She's crazy!" he yells before running past us. Xen and I look at each other in confusion, but are brought out of our thoughts when a bang and a yell come from the front door. 

"Thaneous! I know you're in this house! I can smell you!" a woman's voice yells. I walk to the door and open it. The woman has fire red hair and looks absolutely shocked that another woman opened the door. Her eyes grow black for a  moment, but thankfully Xen walks up behind me, placing a hand around my waist. 

"Can we help you?" Xen asks politely. 

"Yes you can," the red head says. "Where is Thaneous?" she asks, her eyes twitching between black and purple which adds to my confusion. A dragon with red hair? Zeek walks up and stands behind Xen but off to the size, clearly amused at the situation. 

"Thane? He's not here right now. Is there something you'd like us to tell him?" Xen asks. She glares her eyes before sniffing the air. 

"You're lying and you smell vaguely like him! Where is he?!" she yells. Xen pushes me behind him and he stands tall over the woman. 

"Thane!" Zeek yells. "You need to come out, she's gonna eat us if you don't!" he yells and I can't help but chuckle. 

Low footsteps come out from inside the house. 

"Tell her to go away!" Thane yells.

"I will not go away! You are my mate!" she yells through the doorway. 

Xen and I turn and look at one another, slightly in amusement. As if we mentally agreed on it, we both step out of the red head's way and let her storm in towards Thane. 

"You betrayers!" Thane yells. 

"Thaneous! How dare you run from me! You're supposed to love me!" she yells at him. 

"Thane, why did you run from her?" I ask curiously. 

"She's a hybrid! She's part dragon part phoenix! They're known for being crazy!" he says, holding his arms out at her. 

"I am not crazy! You're the one who kissed me and ran away from me!" she says arguing with Thane looking at us. 

"Okay okay, sit your asses down for a minute," Xen orders. Thane and the red head sit on the couch while Xen and I stand in front of them, Zeek keeping his slight distance off to the side. 

"So, Thane, you ran from your own mate because she's a hybrid?" Xen asks. Thane nods. 

"Can I ask your name?" Xen asks looking towards the red head. 

"My name is Azar Urena," she states proudly.  Xen, Zeek and Thane all seem shocked and look wide eyed at the woman. 

"U-Urena?" Thane stumbles. She only nods with a proud smile. 

"Well that's it guys, I'm out, I'm done!" Thane says standing up. 

"Wait what's Urena mean?" I ask curiously. 

"It means I am the daughter of the phoenix king, King Ignatius Urena and Queen Tatina Urena," she said as she held her head high. 

"How did a princess get mated with a dumb ass like Thane?" Zeek asks receiving a glare from Thane. 

"Last time I checked I carried royal blood too, asshole," Thane says causing a stir of laughter. 

"Wait, you do?" Azar asks curiously looking at Thane. 

"Yeah, my maternal uncle is King Zandos Dracus," Thane says but Xen is quick to speak up. 

"Who is our father," Xen says with a smirk looking in Zeek's direction as if to show off. Azar looks a bit confused for a moment before her eyes flash between Xen and I. 

"So which princes are you? And who are you then?" she asks. Xen is again quick to speak and cuts me off slightly. 

"I'm prince Zeek Dracus," 

"I am prince Xenophon Dracus and this is my mate, Morgan," he says pulling me closer to him. 

"What are you?" she asks me. 

"I'm human," I say shyly but her eyes widen in what appears to be excitement. 

"Human? Like from Earth?" she asks and I give her a nod. "Oh my gosh! I just came back from Earth and I brought a few friends back with me too!" she says in the most excitement I've ever seen. 

"You did?" I said, almost equally as excited to know there are other humans on Dyspheria now. 

"Yes! Would you like to meet them?" she asks with a huge toothy smile on her face. 

"Yes!" I say, almost jumping with joy. 

"Okay, but the travel takes a few hours. I'm sure by flight we can get there before sunset," she says and I look with pure joy and hope back to Xen. 

"Can we go?" I ask him, making the best puppy eyes as possible. 

"I guess we can. Thane, are you coming?" Xen asks but before Thane could answer his mate speaks up for him. 

"Yes he is! Hope you're ready to meet your in-laws!" she says with a grin. 

Before we go, I change out of my lounge clothing and change into a pair of black tights and a yellow hoodie. When I come out of my bedroom from changing, everyone is waiting for me and Zor and Mia have arrived. I say quick hellos and hug Zor before we go outside. 

"Who's carrying me?" I ask, looking between Zeek and Xen. 

"I will, I'm stronger anyway," Xen says and Zeek rolls his eyes. 

"Yeah right, you just don't want a chance at my sexiness stealing your mate," Zeek says with a confident smirk. Xen quickly changes into his dragon form and scoops me up, flying us both into the air. Zor has Mia in his arms and Zeek takes off soon after Xen and I do. Thane is already in the sky as he plays a game of stay away with Azar.

As I watch them fly around, I soon realize what her dragon phoenix looks like. She has normal scales across her body which shine hot pink, yellow, red and orange, but her wings are coated with beautiful feathers of the same colors which seem to sparkle when the light hits them. She truly is a beautiful creature. 

Azar was correct at her time prediction as we come upon giant mountain caves around three to four hours after we left. I must admit, not having the ability to talk to Xen through our minds made the trip boring as hell. 

Once we all land, the fliers shift back to their human forms and we stand around. Azar leads us into a cave, which begins dark and opens up to an incredible unseen beauty. Inside the cave is an entire ecosystem of greenery and phoenix fly all over the skies. It looked like the depictions of the center of the Earth that theorists draw. 

As we walk down large rock stairs, we come upon a small building outside of what seems to be the main city. As we approach it, I feel excitement boil in my chest. Other humans. I haven't seen another human in so long. 

Azar is first to the door and knocks before saying, "I'm home!" and she walks inside, leaving the door open to us. As we walk in, footsteps come from the back of the building. When the humans finally come into view, my mouth drops to the floor. 

Lizzy, John and Bastian.