Twenty Eight- Disconnected

That slut...

...Had her mouth locked with Xenophon...

...and he sure wasn't fighting it...

I could feel my heart stop. I felt my head spinning. I couldn't believe what I saw, but then I began to think to myself. Why would he wanted a human like me anyway?

I did the only thing my body knew how to do in that moment.

I ran.

I felt my heart stomping in my chest as I ignored the footsteps that followed me, though I knew it was only Zor. I didn't care if he caught up to me, he wasn't my problem.

I ran as fast as I could, opening the first door to the outside that I could find.

I ran and ran and ran all while tears streamed down my cheeks.

I ran straight for the forest, where I knew they probably wouldn't be able to fly well. The trees here acted like they didn't want there to be wings used in them. The branches were tightly woven around each other, like a net of trees. The woods were dark, dense, and honestly terrifying.

I just had to run away though. I was running from my heartache as I saw it. I kept running, and as I came upon a large tree next to a stream, which looked purple for some reason, and I sat.

I don't know how long I ran for, or how far. I felt Zor approaching me before I even saw him. He sat down beside me, wrapping his arms around me. "Morgan..." I heard him say.

"I'm so sorry... I... I never expected he would..." he stammered with a loss for words.

Suddenly a sharp pain came to my shoulder, like burning cold feeling. I gasped at the sudden pain and looked at my shoulder to see the mark Xenophon burned into me fading.

"Zor..." I said tears running down my face as I look up to him. "What's going on? Where is the mark going?" I asked frantically.

Zor's mouth dropped and he shook his head.

"I... I can't tell you," he said eyes with fear and sadness.

"Please... tell me... it-" I was cut off by a burning and stabbing pain inside of my lower abdomen. Zor's eyes grew wide as he quickly placed his hand on my stomach.

"Whats going on?!" I scream through the pain and tears.

"It's not the baby..." he said with a relieved sigh. "The baby is fine..."

"Then what the fuck is it?!" I scream holding my stomach.

"Morgan you have to calm down," he instructed. "Breathe..." I did as he instructed and slowly the pain went away.

"Morgan..." his voice was low and quiet. As I relaxed and the pain went away, I looked at him, seeing his eyes which held pity.

"They had sex..." he said.

"W-what?"

"That's the pain you felt. The betrayal. Your mark left you because he was mating with another..."

I felt my eyes burn. My body burning. Then it all washed over me as the tears flowed out as well as my thoughts.

"Why... w-why w-would h-he..." I sobbed into Zor's arms. He held my head to my chest and hushed me as my tears continued to flow.

It didn't take long before I was completely out of energy, and darkness consumed me as I fell asleep in Zor's arms.

[The next morning]