VII ~ I Brought You My... Stab Wounds?

After my meet up with Gerard, I hopped into my car and drove to the grocery store since I needed to get stuff for when Brendon comes over tonight. I'll probably end up making pasta since it's easy to cook and easy to eat. I can already tell that tonight's gonna be a late one.

Strolling the aisles of food I grabbed stuff for tonight as well as other things that I needed. Paper towels, soap, other boring shit. I got some snacks too to keep at my place as well as a bottle of Jack to bring over to Gerard's tomorrow night.  

Checking out I noticed a flyer that my department must have put up. It was talking about the Jack of Clubs guy. Though the description was off. 'Blonde hair, blue eyes' it read. I pulled the flyer down and studied it further. It had our station's number correct, but the description was all wrong. 

"Every day I come into work, I get scared that that....man, will come in here." The lady at checkout told me. I looked up at her in confusion,

"Did you happen to see who brought this in ma'am? I'm with the state police and this description doesn't match what we've found." I explained to her. The lady with the name tag "Maggie" took a moment to think.

"Why, I didn't quite catch his face. But I do remember he had dark hair, and snow white skin. Kinda short from what I recall." Maggie looked at the flyer in my hands. "Definitely didn't match what's written on that paper." 

"Thank you ma'am." I nodded my head while rolling my grocery cart out of the parking lot. Maybe this was him. Maybe he's trying to cover up his tracks. I'll have Chief send someone to get the surveillance tapes to figure see if we get a good look at his face. I don't feel like going down to the station right now to get a warrant and shit.

~^~^~^~

"It's open." I called to Brendon who was knocking on the other side of my front door. He swung it open and held up a brown paper bag. "Whatcha got there Bren?"

"BOOZE!" He yelled, shutting the god damn door behind him. I chuckled as I took the alcohol from his hands. 

"Bren you know that I don't handle stress well when I'm drinking." I told him, grabbing a pot from the cabinet below me. 

"I know, but maybe if we have a little booze in us we can think out side of the box. Can we just try it my way? Pleaaase??" He asked. I sighed, debating saying yes or no. He does have a point, we do get pretty creative when we've got a little bit in us. 

"You know what? Fuck it. Let's do this shit." I grabbed two glasses from the cabinet and slid them to Brendon. He whispered a small 'yes!' to himself before cracking open the bottle. 

I started to boil the water for the pasta, then walked over to my living room where I had my case files laid out. "Alright, let's see what you've got here." Brendon cracked his knuckles.

"Get this, so I was at the grocery store and found this paper hung up." I handed Brendon the flyer with false descriptions. He looked it over with a raised eyebrow. 

"Who put this up?" Brendon's eyes met mine. 

"Not a fucking clue." I shook my head, "The lady there told me that the man had dark hair, pale skin and wasn't very tall." 

"Sounds like our guy." 

"As it dose, but do you have any idea how many guys fit that description? Brendon you fit that fucking description." 

"Well then go ahead and cuff me and call it a night." Brendon joked. I playfully rolled my eyes and picked up my phone.

"Should I call it in to Chief?" I asked. Brendon was about to respond but was cut off at the sound of my phone ringing. The caller I.D. read Jeffrey.

"Looks like he read your mind." 

I clicked answer and put the phone on speaker."Was just about to call you Chief. Think I found something."

"It'll have to wait. I need you down here at Walgreen's on 2nd in uniform. He left more than a card and bullet this time." 

I looked over at Brendon worried. "I've got Urie with me."

"Bring him too."

"Well be there in fifteen." Brendon answered him. With that, the call ended. 

"More than just a card and bullet?" I asked him, running over to my room to get changed. Luckily my shit was already laid out. Brendon talked to me from the other side of my room.

"Maybe another clue?" Brendon suggested.

"I don't know about that. Chief would've said something." I shimmied into my pants, and strapped my utility belt around my waist. Tossing my jack on I was out the door with Brendon on my tail. 

"We'll fine out when we get there." 

~^~^~^~

"Holy fuck." I whispered under my breath. There were two dead bodies laying on the ground, one had a gun in hand. "Must've tried firing on him." I suggested. I studied their bodies. "Bullet type?"

"No bullets were found." Chief shook his head. I whipped my head up to look at him puzzled.

"So you're telling me that this man shot these people, then dug through their bleeding bodies to get his bullet back?"

"Look closer l/n. That's no bullet wound. That's a stab wound that was made to look as if they had been shot." Brendon examined. I shook my head.

"Bastards smart." I stood up and walked over to Jeffrey.

"You said you found something?" He asked. I pulled my gloves off and retrieved the flyer from earlier. "Where did you get this?"

"The grocery store. Someone printed it and hung it up. Urie and I think that it might have been Jack of Clubs." 

"Interesting." Jeffrey nodded, "I'll send Officer Ross to get the surveillance tapes. You two go home and keep getting leads. I'll see you at your next shift." 

"See ya Chief." I sighed. Brendon and I walked back to my car, passing Officer Ross on our way. I waved, where Brendon full on smiled at him as they passed. When we got back in the car I teased him. 

"How's your crush on Ryan going?" I asked him. Brendon's face burned a bright red.

"Oh shut it l/n." Brendon buckled up, but still had a smile on his face, "Do you think he likes me?"

"I'm not one to say anything.... but let's just say that Ryan recently got out of a relationship."

Brendon's face lit up with hope. "Really?!"

I just stared forwards and smiled while Brendon fangirled over his co-worker.