XVI ~ Stargazing Down Memory Lane

Dinner with Gerard was actually really nice. I wasn't 100% feeling it because, you know, m u r d e r e r, but other than that it was a good night. Once we got back in the car, we drove for a couple more hours before I noticed Gerard becoming sleepy. His eyes were having a hard time staying open.

"Do you want me to drive so you can sleep for a bit?" I offered. Gerard looked at me with a 'you're kidding' face. He had a point. 

"I'll just pull off someone where and we can rest. Do you see any rest stop signs?" He asked. I looked down the road as far as I could but didn't see anything. We were practically in the middle of nowhere. "Fuck it." Gee said before pulling the car off the side of the road and into an open field. When he put it in park, he reclined the seat and shifted slightly. I didn't feel too tired so I just stared through the sun roof. The stars were really bright and visible tonight. I couldn't remember the last time I had really looked at the stars. 

Sitting up, I grabbed the blanket from earlier and opened the car door. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Gerard asked with a raspy voice.

"Calm down. I'm just gonna go lay outside for a bit." I told him as I climbed out.

"Why?"

"The stars are really pretty." I shut the door and walked in front of the car. I laid the blanket out on the ground and sat on top of it. Eventually I fully laid down on it and rested my head on my forearm. I remembered times when my grandma and I would lay outside on her porch in the country and watched the stars. 

"Look Granny! It's Oreon!" I pointed to the sky. My grandmother chuckled.

"It's Orion sweetie. I think you're confusing it with Oreo." Granny said, popping an Oreo into her mouth. I giggled. "Look n/n. Over there. A shooting star, make a wish."

I sat and thought for a moment. "I want to one day meet a handsome man and marry him." My seven year old voice said.

"What would you're perfect man look like?" My Granny asked.

"He'd be taller than me. Really handsome of course. Long hair is a score for me. Like Arthur. Oh he's so cute." I gushed about the kid who sat next to me in my classes.

"What does Arthur look like? Besides the long hair of course."

"He has long dark hair, and hazel eyes. He's two erasers taller than me."

"Two erasers!? Wow!" Granny said in disbelief, matching my child-like response. I am seven to be fair. "What's Arthur's last name?"

"His last name is Wa-"

I shot up and stared ahead of me. Turning my head, I saw Gerard watching me through the windshield. He got out of the car with a blanket wrapped over his shoulders and joined my side.

"Everything okay? You look shocked." Gerard mentioned. I took his his features. Everything about him reminds me of Arthur. 

"Gee, did you go by Arthur when you were younger?" I asked him. Gerard raised an eyebrow at me.

"No, why?" He asked. Before I could respond, he cut me off. "Well, there was this on girl when I was younger. She couldn't pronounce my name so I let her call me by my middle name."

"Do you remember her name?" I said with a soft smile on my face. Gerard seemed confused for a minute before a wave of realization came over his face.

"I had the biggest crush on her. She sat next to me in my classes. I was two erasers taller than her." Gerard's smile matched mine.

"Two erasers? Wow." I giggled. "I do recall a guy in my first grade classes. He had long dark hair, and hazel eyes. A total dream boat."

"I bet his hair looks a little different now." Gerard ran a hand through his bright red locks. I giggled again. Gerard's face became very soft as he inched closer to me. His hand cupped my face and brought it closer to his. Soon our lips were attached and moved in sync. It wasn't long before Gerard began pushing me into the ground so he could climb on top of me. He broke off the kiss a few seconds later to look into my eyes. 

"I-I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." Gerard climbed off of me and began getting up until I grabbed his hand. He looked down at me, still with his eyes soft. I pulled his hand down and motioned for him to lay down. When he did, I rolled over to him and and cuddled into his side. Gerard wrapped his arms around me after pulling his blanket over top of us. 

"Goodnight Gerard." I whispered into his chest, beginning to feel the same way I did in the restaurant. 

"Goodnight y/n." Gerard replied, placing a soft kiss onto my forehead. Soon my eyes drifted shut I fell asleep.

~^~^~^~

When morning came, I had woken up before Gerard. I wasn't sure what time it was, but the sun seemed to have just risen. Gerard was still soundly sleeping at my side. I remembered last night, and the kiss, and the cuddling. His pink lips were slightly parted, but his eyes were sealed shut. Gerard's cheeks had a pink tint to them, most likely from the cool, crisp morning air. The sky was an arrangement of breathtaking pinks and oranges and blue due to the sun rising. It was a beautiful contrast to the dull yellow of the fields that seemed to stretch for miles. The sun provided a gentle warmth that felt nice with the breeze. It felt like a scene from a movie, laying in an empty field with a gorgeous man sleeping by my side. It's wasn't long before the sleeping man began to stir in his sleep, and slowly awaken.

"You awake?" I asked, brushing a few strands of hair from his face. Gerard grumbled an incoherent response as he grabbed a hold of me and pulled me closer to him as if I were a teddy bear. I giggled before trying again. "Come on Gee."

"Mmm sleepy." Gerard mumbled. I playfully rolled my eyes as I debated on slapping him or not. Instead I pinched his ear, "Owwwww hey!" Gerard sat up and rubbed his ear, "What'd you do that for?"

"I tried to wake you up twice." 

"I was having a good dream." Gerard grumbled as he stood up and stretched before grabbing the blanket. I grabbed the one underneath of us and shook it out and put it in the back of the car. "Uh, hey y/n?" Gerard got my attention. I looked over to see him awkwardly leaning against the car.

"Yeah?" I replied, going over to him.

"So about last night, did that mean you forgive me?" He asked as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"What do you mean?"

"When I went to leave and you pulled me back to cuddle me. Does that mean you forgive me?" Gerard clarified. I sighed,

"I don't know Gee. I'm still really hurt by what you did. And for who you are. It'll take a little bit for me to get over it." I explained. Gerard seemed down by my response, it obviously not being the one he wanted.

"Are you implying that you will get over it?" Gerard sounded hopeful.

"I don't know." I said as I walked over to get into the car. Gerard sighed and did the same. Gerard pulled back onto the road and resumed our adventure.