XXI ~ Anger Management

The car ride now was different than the previous ones. It wasn't as awkward or silent. We talked to each other like we used to before all of this shit went down. Granted I was still mad at him for leaving me, but as soon as I was in his arms again I wasn't as mad. 

"I'm still pissed at you ya know." I told him as I locked my hand with his. Gerard looked at our hands for a moment before chuckling softly.

"I know." He brought our hands up to his lips and pressed a gentle kiss onto my knuckles. "I promise to make it up to you though."

I smirked at him, "And how do you plan on doing that?" 

"Well I was thinking, once we settle down with all of this Mikey crap, I'll take you out on a date. We can go wherever you want and do whatever you want. And then we'll go back home and have some fun in the sheets." 

"Where is home Gerard?" 

Gee looked over at me for a moment, almost as if he didn't know the answer himself. "Home is right next to me." He rubbed his thumb over my knuckles and looked back at the road.

"I'm serious Gerard. Where are we going to live?" I looked at him, expecting a real answer. Gerard sighed but kept his eyes on the road.

"Until we can get a real place to live, we'll stay at Frank's place. This is a part of the reason why I didn't want you to come along once I started thinking about reality. Because you aren't going to like the way we get money around here. Or do anything for that matter."

A smirk played across my lips, "You'd be surprised what I'm capable of Gerard." 

He looked at me with a look of confusion, "What do you mean?"

"I may be a cop, but I know a few things. I didn't work in Jersey for five years and not pick up on things that stump law enforcement." I explained. Gerard still wasn't following, "I know how to get away with things Gerard."

Gerard raised his eyebrows, "A cop going rouge? Well that's a role reversal if I've ever heard of one." 

"I'll be the Bonnie to your Clyde." I told him. Gerard looked over at me with the purest smile I've ever seen from him.

"And I didn't think it was possible for me to love you more than I already do." 

~^~^~^~

A few hours later Gerard had told me that we're in Utah. He told me that we should get there by tomorrow as long as we don't stop for too long. I told him that I'd be fine driving if he became tired. He seemed more open to the idea now than he did a few days ago.

We pretty much stayed behind Frank and the guys the entire time so when it came down to me taking over the car I'd just have to follow them.

"So what was the meaning behind the new lock on my phone?" I asked, starting a new conversation.

"What do you mean?" 

"0409, what's the meaning behind it?" I restated. 

"It's nothing, just my birthday." Gerard told me. He had never told me when his birthday was. He told me that it's insignificant even though I'd always tell him otherwise. 

"Now I know when to throw you something. April ninth." I smiled to myself. Gerard rolled his eyes.

"No, no. There's no need for that." Gerard shot down my idea. 

"Oh please, of course I'm gonna plan something special for my boyfriend's birthday. It's coming up soon ya know?" 

"Seriously y/n, you don't have to. I'd be fine with just laying around and cuddling on that day."