XV ~ Act Like You Love Me

Y/n's POV

When I opened my eyes I had noticed that I was lying in the passenger side of my car driving down the highway. Gerard hadn't noticed that I was awake yet, his eyes remained glued to the road. Rubbing crusties out of my eyes, I sat up slowly which gained Gerard's attention.

"Morning sleepyhead." Gerard said as he looked over at me briefly. 

"Where are we? What time is it?" I stretched my arms in front of me and pulled the blanket off of me. "And how did I get here?"

"Questions, questions, questions." Gerard tsked while keeping his sight in front of him. My silence made him realize that I actually wanted answers, "Alright, alright. Were on 95, it's approximately 8 pm, and I carried you."

"Oh." I replied. I was gonna ask what state we're in but I didn't want to annoy him with questions. Instead I just tucked my legs underneath of me and rested my head on the window. I watched as the scenery flashed by the further we got down the highway. Thoughts of my new life began too circulate. Will I ever see my family again? What about Brendon? Where will I live? There's no way in hell that I'm going to live with Gerard. He's a fucking criminal. Gerard literally kidnapped me and is dragging me across the country to bail his brother out of some gang related activity. What if Gerard is just going to kill me when we get there. He doesn't want to put up with me. He'll probably live a life of crime, and that's not the life I want to live. 

I want to have a family, a husband and kids; grandchildren even. How am I supposed to live out like that if I'm held back by Gerard? Will he ever let me go?

"Whatcha thinkin' about doll?" Gerard asked, slightly nudging my arm with his. I ignored his question and continued to stare out the window, "Oh come on, don't be like that y/n."

"What? Do you want me to be happy as I'm being dragged across the country against my will? Do you want me to just forget about any future that I had planned out for myself just so that you don't get caught?" I snapped at him, looking him dead in the eye. 

"Y/n, I already told you. I'm only doing this to protect you." 

"How is this protecting me!?"

"Because if I had left you here and you started running your mouth someone would find you and KILL YOU!" Gerard yelled the last part. The way he raised his voice made me want to apologize for making him mad, but I wasn't going to. He should be the one apologizing to me.

The car was silent after that for a solid thirty minutes until Gerard turned up the radio slightly. The radio emitted a soft sound of not so soft music. From the vocals I picked up Nirvana. You Know You're Right maybe? Yeah, I think it was that. The song ended soon after and was replaced by some Pearl Jam. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Gerard slightly tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the song. I brushed it aside, but found myself singling along in my head. 

"It's a shame to awaken in a world of pain, what does it mean when a war has taken over?" Gerard softly sang along. I stopped singing in my head and paid close attention to his. I never would have expected this, but Gerard actually has a really nice voice. It's untrained, but really beautiful. I don't think he noticed that I was listening in, or that he was singing out loud. But I was listening, and I was mesmerized. 

Gerard stopped singing after the seconds chorus. A small smile crept onto my face as I opened my mouth, "You have a really nice voice you know." I said softly. My head turned to see Gerard smirking.

"You think so?" He asked, still not meeting my gaze.

"Yeah, I do." I replied. Neither of us said anything after that for a few minutes until Gerard's stomach grumbled.

"You hungry?" He asked, finally looking over at me. 

I nodded, "A little, yeah."

Gerard began shifting lanes until he was in the exit one. He got off at the next exit and told me to keep an eye out for any restaurants. We continued driving for a few minutes until I spotted one.

"There's a Sports bar on you're left." I told him. Gerard nodded and pulled into the parking lot. He reached behind him and grabbed his wallet. 

"You ready?" He asked, opening his door. I nodded and threw the blanket that was at my feet behind me. I met Gerard on his side of the car as we walked in. The place wasn't too busy. 

"Two for you tonight?" The lady asked us. Gerard nodded and took my hand in his. I was gonna pull it back, but the look he gave me made me forget that he's a bad man. It made me want to hold onto his and not let go. So I let him hold my hand until we got to the booth, which then I pulled it back and sat opposite of him. Once the hostess left, Gerard sighed.

"You're still my girlfriend, you know?" Gerard picked up a menu and read it with a sad face.

"Am I?" I questioned as more of a statement. Gerard looked up at me from the menu looking more disappointed then anything.

"Yes y/n, you are. When I asked you out, I meant it. I meant everything I said to you after that night we had dinner at my place. I may have lied in the beginning about who I was and what my intentions where, but after I had kissed you I realized that I really was falling for you y/n. Whether you believe me or not, you need to have heard it from me." Gerard explained. I don't get that after what he's put me through, how I can still feel sympathy for him. "I know I've done some bad things, but I'm still a good guy y/n. Can you at least act like you like me for one night for my sake?" 

I looked at him with a mixture of emotions. "I don't understand how you make me want to smack you across the face, but then kiss it to make it feel better at the same time." I sighed into my hands. Gerard chuckled from across the table. When I looked back up at him, he was looking at me with borderline pleading eyes. I rolled my eyes, but got up and sat next to him in the booth anyways. Gerard looked down at me with beyond happy eyes.

"I love you y/n." Gerard kissed the top of my forehead.

"Yeah, yeah." I scooted closer into his side. Why do I have be so head over heels for this man?