Later In Life

4 years later...

Time has passed by so rapidly. My dad is still fascinated with the kids and loving on them. When I tell HE has them straight spoiled. When me and Kwan says no of coarse they run to their Papi for everything. Bryleigh is a straight up daddy's girl. Kwan can't even walk out the door to pee without her wanting to follow him. It's his fault though. From the day she was born he has spoiled her. Now as for KJ he is a mamas boy. He hangs around his grand daddy and daddy but if I walk in it's a wrap. Chris and Megan tried for years to split us up but to no prevail it didn't work. They ended up staying together and now have a baby on the way of their own.

My mom has pulled all the way back from me. She loves me I know but she is still on this shit about me and Kwan being together. I don't give a damn though because I love him and he loves me. We are not kin so I don't know why it even matter. But she will either get with the program or not.

As for me and Kwan we are engaged to be married and we have a house together. We come see my mom and dad on fridays and we have dinner together. I love the fact that we are a family and we try to do something together every weekend with the kids and with each other. I'm so glad I chose to be with Kwan. I love that man with everything in me. Do I still have haters of coarse I do. Women throw themselves at him all day every day. But he makes it known that he is happy with me and he's engaged.

Do I have men of coarse but they don't turn my head at all. I love the life I'm living and I love my kids. What my life has in store for me I don't know. But what I do know is that I don't see my life without Kwan. My kids are so blessed to have a support system the way they do.

"Mommy can I have some apple juice?"

"Did you ask your daddy?"

"Yes."

"And what did he say?"

"Not before dinner."

"So you have to wait baby."

"Why mommy? I'm thirsty."

"KJ you can't ask your daddy and then come ask me."

"Why you my mommy."

I just laughed.

"Baby just wait. Dinner is almost done."

I walked in the kitchen and Kwan was cooking up a storm. I walked behind him and kissed his neck. He wrapped his arms around and leaned back an kissed me.

"Hey baby."

"Hey so you know KJ came asking for apple juice right?"

"And I already figured that shit. I told him to wait to he eat."

"Well I went with what you said."

"Good cause he can't play me against you." Kwan said as he stirred the food.

"Damn right."

"Where's Bryleigh?"

"She was watching tv."