Why me?

Izaya POV

It was a typical fall day in the city of Tokyo. It was early in the morning so I made myself some coffee and sat in my chair. As usual, I was looking out the window, observing all my lovely little humans go on with their lives. Seeing what many were wearing, I could tell it was a bit cold outside.

When I finished my coffee, I went to wash the cup. As I was washing the cup, there was a knock at the door. "Who could that be?" I thought.

When I opened the door, I found Shinra standing there. "What brings you here?" I asked curiously.

"I came to ask you a question."

"You couldn't just call me to ask?"

"No because if your answer is yes then we need to leave right away."

Leave right away? What does he mean by that?

"What do you mean by we have to leave right away?" I was really curious now.

"Well, my question was if you wanted to go with me on a trip outside of Japan. If you say sure then we have to leave in an hour at latest, otherwise we'll miss the flight."

"Well if you have to leave in an hour then I'll just stay here, that way you are not late for the flight."

"Oh come on Izaya, I'm asking because I want you to go." he said with a depressed look on his face.

I can tell he wanted me to.

"Please Izaya?"

"Fine, you have to help me pack some stuff though."

When I said that I saw his face lit up, he must have really wanted me to go. I guess Celty is going as well if he was asking me to go with, normally he's going on about her.

We then went and started packing. All I needed was a suitcase of a few pairs of clothes, a second jacket I have, and a few of my many knives, just in case.

When we were done, I put on my jacket, and we left. I made Shinra carry the suitcase since he told me his bags were already at the airport with Celty.

I was right, Celty was going on the trip as well. "Who's all going on this trip anyway?" I questioned him.

"You'll see when we get there." he answered in his normal, cheerful tone.

I didn't bother asking again since I knew he wasn't going to answer me.

We got to the airport and started looking for Celty, and whoever else was going, if there was anyone else. After about five minutes of searching, we found her.

"Hey Celty!" Shinra called out when we found her.

She typed on her phone in response. "Wow, you actually got Izaya to agree with going on this trip?"

"Yup." he said loudly. Then whispered "He doesn't know who's all coming along with us though, if he did he would have definitely said no."

I heard him since he wasn't very quiet while saying it. That made me a bit worried when he said 'if I knew who was coming, then I would've said no for sure'.

I started to wonder if it was someone that I didn't have a good relationship with and that wanted to try and hurt me.

As soon as that thought went through my mind I heard a familiar voice come from behind me, "Hey Shinra", which made me jump.

I turned around to see who it was. It was Shizuo, my sister's Mairu and Kururi, and some guy in a suit.

Shizuo's voice is the one I heard, and when I saw him I was terrified. I didn't want to get into a fight with him.

After Shinra greeted them, he introduced me to the guy in the suit, his name is Tom. That's a real short and simple name.

Then Shinra told me, "Everyone standing here is going as well, including Shizuo."

"You're kidding, right?" I questioned worryingly.

"Nope, I'm telling the truth." he said with a big smile on his face.

I stood there for a minute thinking of what I should do, make a run for it or just go and hopefully avoid contact with Shizuo as much as possible. I decided to make a run for it.

I had to run past Shizuo to get to the closest exit.

I stared at Shinra for a few seconds, then took off as fast as I could. "Wait Izaya!" Shinra called.

Before I knew it, Shizuo had a tight grip on me and was holding me over his shoulder so I couldn't get away.

"Nice one Shizuo." Shinra said as he was walking around behind him so he can see my face.

He saw I was struggling to get out of Shizuo's grasp, which made him laugh. "Hey Izaya, you're going no matter what, so stop trying to get out of his grasp. You'll only waste energy that you'll need later." He said with a smirk on his face.

I just stared at him. At that point, I just gave up. I was stuck in a situation that I can't get out of now.

They played me like a pawn....