The truth?

Izaya's POV

We decided to drive until lunch time since we had snacks to hold us over if anyone got hungry.

We got to a place to eat around 11:30 AM since everyone was starting to get hungry, except me. This time the place was called Long Horn Steakhouse.

We went in and sat down at a table. I didn't have a wall next to me this time but everyone sat in the same spots like they did last time.

Everyone but me ordered, but I knew I was still going to end up eating anyway. I don't see why they are worried about me eating. Yeah I may be a small twig that looks like I can snap at any moment but come on.

I kept thinking to myself while we waited for the food, having the thought of last night come into my head between every few thoughts.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Shinra ask "So, how was last night since you were both awake this time?"

I just looked up at Shizuo and at the same time he looked down at me. We both looked at each other for a few seconds until we both looked at him and said,

"It was fine."

"So you guys didn't try killing each other? That's new. Tom, are they telling the truth?"

"Of the time I was awake they didn't try to, I don't know about after that." he replied.

"Okay. Did you guys have any conversations with each other last night or were you both out early?"

"I was out pretty quick, I don't know about Izaya though."

"I was up all night, until I made coffee at 3 and fell asleep sometime around then."

"Coffee put you to sleep? Since when?" he looked at me confused.

"I don't know, it just did." I said looking at my cup in front of me.

"There's something up with you Izaya, I don't think you are telling the truth." Mairu said.

I looked at her. By the look on her face she knows something's up. It doesn't help that she knows how I work better than anyone else.

"I am telling truth. I-" she cut me off.

"You're keeping something a secret. There's no way you fell asleep just like that from coffee."

"Yeah, well it did. So leave me alone about it."

"No. Not until you tell me the real reason you fell asleep. Telling me that coffee put you to sleep is 100 percent a lie because that's all you ever drink. I know that for a fact so I'm not taking that as an answer."

"Well then what do you want me to tell you? Someone shot me with a tranquilizer dart?"

"Tell the truth. If you make up another lie then I'll tell everyone something embarrassing about you. You wouldn't want that now would you?" she said with a smirk.

What do I say now? I don't want to tell the truth yet, I was still confused about it myself.

"So, what happened?"

Shizuo answered for me, "I woke up around that time and made him go to bed."

"Is that really it? Was that really that hard to say Izaya?"

I was looking down at the table with my hood on hoping to cover my face. I could tell my cheeks were probably red since they got warm.

Mairu saw my face and asked, "Why are your cheeks red? They weren't before."

"Are you sick big brother?" Kururi asked quietly but curiously.

I shook my head. Everyone looked at me at that point. Thankfully it wasn't for long since the waitress came with our food.

Celty typed on her phone when she got her food and showed it to me. It said,

"You're going to eat, as long as it's a quarter of the plate I'll be happy. So am I gonna have to force you to eat it or not?"

"Just give me the plate."

She gave me the plate of food. I was wishing if was fatty tuna but of course, it wasn't going to be. I won't be having that for a few weeks, so I'm stuck eating other things for the time being.

She watched me until I finally took a bite. "Good boy Izaya." she typed.

"I'm not a dog." I said in a pouting way.

"Well what are you then?"

"An adult."

"No. You're more like a stubborn little kid." she was laughing now.

"Call me that again and I won't eat anymore."

"And if you refuse to eat I'll have Shizuo shove it down your throat."

"Fine." I pouted while looking down at the plate.

Shizuo's POV

Dang. Izaya is just adorable when he acts like a little kid. I didn't realize I was staring at him until he said something.

"Shizu-chan, why are you staring at me?"

I snapped out of it and he added,

"Are you planning to do something to me or something?"

I shook my head and looked at my plate and put another bite of food in my mouth.

I then looked back and forth between our plate and realized how much of a difference there was between the amount we ate. I ate almost the whole plate while Izaya didn't even eat a quarter yet.

How the heck does he eat so little? I guess that's the reason he is so small.

We all finished, and left after Shinra paid the bill. I was about to get in the car when Izaya came up to me and tapped my arm.

"T-thanks for earlier. I appreciate it that you didn't say exactly what happened last night." he said quietly toward the ground.

"No problem."

I could see his cheeks were red, even though he still had his hood up. As he turned around to go to the other car I stopped him.

"Hey Izaya, are you blushing?" I whispered to him.

"N-no, why?"

"Your cheeks are red and you're not looking at me like you normally do."

"Okay, fine. I am but you better not tell anyone."

"Okay, I promise I won't."

I then let him go and we both got into the cars. Dang he's cute.

Izaya's POV

I got into the car and the first thing Shinra says is,

"What were you talking about with Shizuo?"

"None of your business."

"Come on Izaya, you can't tell me a simple conversation you had with him?"

"No, now leave me alone about it."

He then went silent for a few minutes, then started talking to Celty.

I sat there staring out the window, thinking..... again.

This is going to be a long trip. I might have to make up a good amount of lies as well. I wonder how long I could keep that up for. Why can't I hide that I like Shizuo as well as I did a few days ago?