So many questions

Izaya's POV

The flight didn't leave until about 1 PM so I had to be stuck on Shizuo's shoulder for 15 minutes. That was 15 minutes of acting like I was not terrified. Of course it wasn't hard to do that on a normal day, I've done it for hours at a time.

But this was different. Shizuo had me in a tight grip, holding me over his shoulder. Which meant that I was screwed if he decided to do anything.

During those 15 minutes, I tried feeling relaxed the whole time, which I thought I was, but it turns out that I was as tense as I could get. Shinra told me that I looked it and that he was able to see I was terrified by the expression on my face as well.

At first, I thought "Oh well, no one else said anything so I guess no one can see it." As I got deeper into the thought though, I then realized "Crap. Shizuo was probably able to feel how tense I was if he bothered to recognize it."

-An hour in on the flight-

"Hey flea." Shizuo said.

His calm, quiet voice startled me a bit. But I still turned to him with as relaxed of an expression I could make. "What?" I answered.

"Can I ask you something? And can you please tell me the truth?"

What is he wanting to ask that makes him think I'm going to lie? "I guess." I replied.

"Are you scared of me?"

"......" I just stared at him. Now I know why he asked for me to tell the truth. I didn't want to tell him I was, especially around a whole bunch of people.

I opened my mouth to say something, but before I could, Shizuo said "It's okay if you don't answer now, just know I'm going to ask again in the future."

At that point I just felt awkward and confused. He wasn't yelling at me or trying to get me as usual. Why was that? He was talking to me like he does everyone else, his voice was calm, he asked a question about me personally. What is going on? Does he know something? Or is he trying to get me to start something with him.

-A few hours later-

We finally got off the flight. Before getting off, I heard Shinra and Shizuo talking to each other but I couldn't hear what they were saying, so I just let it go.

Once we got into the airport, I'm pretty sure I figured out what they were talking about. The only reason I think I did is because Shizuo grabbed me and put me over his shoulder again and Shinra was carrying my suit case.

With that happening, I'm pretty sure their talk was along the lines of 'we need to make sure Izaya doesn't try to get away again like he tried earlier'.

I was carried like that for at least 20 minutes before we got to a subway station. For the hour ride we had on that, I got to sit but I had Shinra holding onto my jacket and back of my shirt the whole time.

Shizuo's POV

I was sitting on the opposite side of the train from where Shinra and Izaya were sitting. I was talking to Celty but every once in a while I looked over at Izaya. I could tell he was tired. He has been tensed up a good amount, probably ever since he first saw me in the airport in Ikebukuro.

Why does he mess with me if he's scared of me? Why does he try to hide that he is? I got lost in my thoughts until I felt a hand on my left shoulder.

I looked over to see it was Celty's. She put her phone up so I could read it.

"You good Shizuo?"

"Yeah, just lost in thought is all." I replied.

"It's about Izaya, isn't it?" She typed.

"Yeah... I've just had so many questions about him since yesterday when Shinra told me those few things about him. I doubt you guys can answer all of them and I don't want to ask Izaya anything yet."

"You can still ask Shinra and I some questions. I doubt we can answer all of them as well but we can maybe at least answer a few."

"I'll just wait until we get settled where we are going then I'll ask."

"Okay. One question, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Why don't you want to ask Izaya anything yet?"

"Well, I guess it's because I don't want to cause him any more stress and anxiety than he already has. I can tell he is stressed, I've been able to feel it when I carry him around. He doesn't act like a lifeless doll like others have before, he was tensed up the entire time each time."

"I see, so when are you going to ask him some questions, if you ask any?"

"I was going to wait until he is a little more calm but if he doesn't get any better, then I guess I will in the next day or two."

"Okay. Can I ask you one more question?"

"Sure."

She typed but hesitated on showing me the phone.

"Do you care about Izaya in any way?"

I gave her a stare for a few seconds and she started to type quickly on her phone.

"It's kind of a personal question, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. I was only curious."

"I'll tell you later. I'd rather say it when we are alone."

"Okay, I'll wait then."

Izaya's POV

Why are they talking about me? What did Shinra tell Shizuo about me? Why does he want to ask me questions? What kind of questions does he want to ask? Why doesn't he want to give me more stress and anxiety? We are enemies after all, right?

My mind was racing with thoughts. So many thoughts that I couldn't keep up with them from all the stress I was under.

Even though we were still on the train, I drifted off to sleep from tiring my mind with all the thoughts. The last thing I remember thinking was...

Does Shizuo have the feeling of pure hate and only pure hate towards me or not?