Small Confessions

Shizuo's POV

I woke up to see Izaya snuggling right against my chest. He was pretty much burying his face into it. 'Wow, he actually stayed in the bed and even fell asleep?' I thought.

I looked at a clock, 6:30 AM. Well, may as well stay up, we are leaving in and hour and a half anyway.

I laid there so I didn't wake Izaya up. I just thought about last night to myself.

Izaya's POV

I opened my eyes to find something against my face. 'What is this?' I looked up and saw Shizu-chan laying there, with his eyes open. 'Crap. Why does he have to be awake now?'

I closed my eyes and started to move around like I was still sleeping. I flipped around and then heard Shizuo say "I know you're awake Izaya. I saw your eyes were open."

'Dang it.' I opened my eyes and looked back at him. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Seven." he replied.

Only one hour until leaving, well, at least I slept a few hours last night. I was cut off of my thoughts when I heard,

"Hey Izaya. I thought you wanted the couch last night, so why didn't you take it?"

"Isn't it obvious, you said it would be fair if we both used it so I just stayed. I was also kind of stuck when I laid down because you put your arm on top of me and started to cuddle with me."

"Awe, you let me do that? How nice of you to not slip away like you normally do."

"I hate you. I didn't want to stay, I just did since I didn't want to wake you up."

"Says the one that was snuggling right against my chest until you woke up." he said smiling.

Does he not care that he slept next to his enemy? I could've slit his throat in the middle of the night if I really wanted to. But of course I wouldn't do that, unless I was fighting for my life.

"Hey Shizu-chan. Do you like me?"

"Why are you asking that?" he looked at me confused.

"I was just wondering." I whispered quietly.

"In what way? Friend way or other way?"

"Either one."

Shizuo's POV

I do like the flea in a friend way but I kind of screwed up the chance of being friends with him in highschool. But do I like him in another way? Is that what this weird feeling and weird thoughts I've been having is? I don't know, I'm just lost.

"I'll tell you the truth. I've been having some feeling towards you, but I can't figure out what it is. I know for a fact it's not hate though."

His eyes widened with that statement.

Izaya's POV

Does he actually have another feeling toward me other than hate?

"What about you Izaya. What's your thoughts about me." he asked.

I should've known he would ask it back.

"I'll tell you truth as well. This may sound weird but I've loved you since the moment we met, even though I've been terrified of you as well."

I wasn't lying. That was probably the deepest secret I've ever had and the only one I had ever told to anyone.

"Did you just say you have always loved me?" he asked shocked.

"Yeah." I said really quiet and curled up into a ball.

"Can you describe that feeling to me quick, just to see if it matches how I've been feeling lately?"

I sat still in shock for a moment. He's asking me about feelings?

"Sure. I don't know exactly how to explain it but for me it's like when I see you, I am happy. Also like you'd be the only thing on my mind sometimes. Those are just examples." I really didn't know how to explain the feeling to him.

"Well, I guess I feel the same way about you. I have had similar thoughts and feelings for the past few days."

Is he being serious or is he- "What are you doing?" I asked as he put his arms around me.

"Hugging you. Do you have a problem with that?" he said like it was nothing.

"N-no...." I tried to hide my face. I could tell it was getting red by how warm it was.

After a few minutes he let go. He got up and went to the fridge to get some cold water. "You want any?"

"No thanks."

I looked at the clock, 7:30 AM. "Hey, since it's almost time for everyone to get up and leave, we'll have a conversation in the future to get things straight between us. Also just forget anything happened for now. Okay?"

He just looked at me. "Okay, we'll have a conversation later tonight if we are in the same room again. And I'm guessing you want to forget about anything that happened that way no one is suspicious of us?"

"Yeah. I'm still trying to sort everything out myself, I don't need anyone questioning it when we don't have everything straight yet."

"Okay, we'll forget about it for now then, only around the others."

"Okay."

Shizuo then went over and woke Tom up. We all sat in there and waited for Shinra to knock on the door and ask if we were ready. When he did, we all went down to the lobby and checked out.

We got into the cars and started driving again. "How much longer do we have until getting to where we are going?" I asked.

"About 12 hours, not including the amount of time we take stopping to eat." he said.

"Okay."

So about 12 hours. I wonder where we are going. Oh well, I won't know until we get there. All I know is that I have a bit to think things through before talking to Shizuo again.

Did he actually mean it when he said he had the same feeling?