Restaurant

Izaya's POV

We left the hotel and decided to get something to eat. It was cold outside but we walked around a bit to see what was around the area to eat. After about 20 minutes of walking we decided on a place called Cracker Barrel.

We walked in and they took us to a table for 8 people, even though there was only 7 of us. I sat in one of the chairs next to the wall and leaned against it. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. Especially in the dim lighting of the place.

I started to think about everything that has happened so far during this exhausting trip. The thought of how much longer I had until going back to Tokyo just made me want to die right there.

My mind then wandered off and came across a question, 'where are we?'

I sat up straight and said, "Hey Shinra. Where are we?"

"The United States." he answered.

I stared at the table until I registered what I heard him say. Great. We are half way across the world. There is definitely no way I'm going to be able to go back to Tokyo by myself. I didn't bring enough money for that.

I then went back to leaning against the wall. I had my hood up so hopefully no one saw I had my eyes closed. But of course right when I decided to do that the waitress came over and asked us what we wanted to drink.

Shinra, Mairu, Kururi, Tom, and Shizuo went for soda.

Celty: "I don't want anything."

And then there was me: "Coffee." I said sounding dead.

"Coffee at this time of day?" Shinra questioned.

"Yeah. Do you have a problem with that?"

"No. I was just wondering why you would get it at this time of day."

"Well it's something I like and I can drink it whenever I want." I sounded like the biggest jerk in the world at that moment.

I then put my head on the table and 10 seconds later the waitress came back with our drinks and asked us what we wanted to eat. 'Really? I can't just be left alone for five minutes?' I thought.

Everyone but Celty and I ordered. She went to me before Celty.

"What would you like sir?" she asked.

"Nothing." I responded.

"Oh come on Izaya, you have to eat." Celty showed me her phone from across the table.

"I don't want to right now. If I get hungry later then I'll eat."

"You're going to eat Izaya, I don't care if you're tired. I'll even shove it down your throat if I have to." Shizuo said, whispering the last part to me.

"I'm still not getting anything."

"God. Why are you acting like a stubborn five year old right now? Awe, is it because you didn't get enough sleep last night so now you're a crabby little child." Shizuo said trying to torment me.

"Shut up." I said putting my head against the wall again.

They finally left me alone after that. Probably because they didn't want me causing a scene or have the waitress stand there for to long.

Celty ordered her food and I got to sit there for a good five to ten minutes relaxing.

The waitress came with everyone's food and left again to serve other people.

I looked over to Celty to see her typing on her phone. Then I laid my head on the table.

Celty's POV