Attempted conversation

We drove for five hours and it was really boring. All I listened to was Shinra talking to Celty most of the time. The other car probably wasn't much better since Mairu was in it. It may be better than with Shinra though.

For something to eat, we stopped at a Wendy's. We went in rather than going through the drive through just so Shinra can pay for everyone at once.

This time they weren't making me get anything since we had snacks to eat. They all ordered and we were now waiting for the food. I was thinking of how it might be if I switched cars.

After a minute I said screw it, I'll just ask to switch. I walked up to Shinra and asked, "By any chance can I be in the other car for the rest of the drive?"

"Why do you want to do that?" he asked.

"Because I want to. Is there a problem with that?"

"Well, it honestly just depends on if anyone else wouldn't mind switching."

"So I have to ask one of them instead?"

"Yeah, you can't ask Tom to switch since he's the one, other than Celty, that can drive."

"Can you just ask?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"You're an 'adult', you can ask for yourself. Unless you are a kid like Celty said earlier." he said doing air quotes when saying the word adult.

"What is with everyone saying I'm like a little kid?"

"Because you act like one."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"How do I act like one?"

"You get excited over stupid little things."

"I have my reasons, okay?"

"Whatever you say."

"Can you please ask for me? Just this once?"

"Fine. You better do a favor for me in the future then."

"Okay." I said with a smile.

He then went over and asked. He came back and said,

"Any of them will gladly switch."

"Okay, well who would you rather have in the car out of the three then?"

"I don't care, Kururi is quiet, Mairu is talkative and can hold conversations, and Shizuo is in between."

As he says that Mairu and Kururi come over.

"We'll both go with you if that's alright Mr. Kishitani." Mairu said.

"Fine by me."

We got all the food we ordered and headed out to the cars.

Mairu and Kururi grabbed the few things they had out of the car and went over with Shinra and Celty.

They got in the car and Shizuo asked,

"So they're both going with you then?"

"Yup."

"Okay, just be ready for a very talkative ride then."

"I already knew what I was getting into with having both of them, no need for a warning."

Everyone else got into the cars and we started to drive again. We still had five long hours to go.

We all sat silent just listening to the radio for a bit. I was debating if I should start a conversation or not since it was quiet.

"Hey Shizu-chan, can we have a talk right now? About the thing we wanted to talk about later?" I asked.

"Sure. I don't care if Tom hears, he won't go telling anyone unless he was asked, right Tom?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, well, just to make sure, is what you said this morning true?"

"The part where I said I have similar feelings toward you?"

"Yeah."

"Yes, it's true."

"Okay."

The car fell silent again, besides the radio playing. After a few minutes of silence, I finally thought of something to say.

"How long have you had that feeling?"

"The day I met you."

"Really?"

"As weird as it sounds, yes."

We both were quiet for a minute until he said something.

"So, why are you scared of me? I'm just curious since not everyone has the same answer."

"Well, I have many reasons to that but one of the big ones is that I'm scared of your strength."

"I figured that was a reason, most people say that."

"It's really only because I'm a toothpick and I'm weak."

"Okay, well what's another one of your reasons?"

"I'd rather not say."

"Why not?"

"It's kind of weird."

"It can't be any more weird than anything that has happened."

"True, well the simplest way I can put it is I don't want to lose you."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Many things."

Before Shizuo could ask anything else Tom said,

"Sorry to interrupt but what happened that you two are talking and not fighting? It's not normal."

"If we tell you, you have to promise not to tell the others." I blurted out.

"Okay, I won't." he said calmly.

"Long story short, we slept with each other and had a little bit of an odd conversation when we both woke up." Shizuo said quickly.

"Yeah." I said after that.

"I slept through this?" Tom asked.

"Yeah." we both said.

I started thinking of last night again and felt my face get warm when I thought of one thing. 'Shizu-chan was very warm.' God, what is wrong with me?

Tom looked at me through the mirror and asked,

"You good Izaya?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said smiling.

I then looked at Shizuo, who was staring out of the window.

"Hey Shizu-chan, we'll talk about this some other time. I can't think of much to say about it and I don't want ask too many questions at once."

"Okay." was all he said.

We all stayed quiet after that. I went back to thinking, as usual. I then started to wonder,

What's going through Shizu-chan's mind right now?