Finally figured it out

Izaya's POV

I froze. He really just said it. Now what am I supposed to do?

Everyone was staring at us. It was just awkward silence until Mairu asked,

"Is this true Izaya?"

I couldn't answer her. Instead of saying an answer, I collapsed to the floor, laid there, and covered my face.

I then heard Shinra start talking.

"Yeah, it's true. He told me."

Why... just why? Why does he need to tell everyone about this?

"Izaya told me that he's liked Shizuo since the day they met. He's also said that he thinks Shizuo is cute as well. He even said that they've shared a bed before. Not only once... but twice!"

Why...

I felt myself blushing more and more as he went on.

"Izaya has also cuddled with Shizuo the two times they've slept together."

"Shinra. Please just shut up before I lose it." Shizuo said.

He was mad. It was clearly in the tone of his voice when he said that.

"Oh come on. I basically said everything anyway. What's the problem?"

I heard Shizuo's voice even closer than before.

"You're really going to ask what the problem is? You should already know what it is."

"Okay fine. I'll shut up now."

"You better. Otherwise I'll beat the crap out of you."

"Hehe... yeah, I'm done talking at the moment."

I heard Shinra walk to another part of the room. He most likely went to the couch Celty was sitting on to sit with her.

Then unexpectedly, Shizuo said something to me.

"Hey flea, get up and come with me."

I hesitated but still got up and followed.

We went out of the house and walked a bit so we could still see the house but it was far enough that it was hard to hear from there.

It was pretty cold out since it was still morning and it was fall. I wished I brought my heavier jacket with me rather than going in my grey hoodie but oh well. I'm not walking all the way back now.

After a bit more walking, Shizuo stopped and sat down next to a tree.

I stayed standing because I didn't want to get any colder by sitting in the small layer of snow on the ground. I was already shaking bad enough from the cold.

We were both silent until Shizuo asked,

"You're not going to sit?"

"No. I'm already cold enough. I don't want to get any colder because of sitting on a bit of snow."

It went quiet again for a few minutes. Shizuo decided to get up and I watched him. He was walking toward me.

"Shizu-chan, what are you doing?"

He didn't answer. He just picked me up and went back over to the tree he was sitting next to.

He then sat down and put me on his lap.

"Shizuo, answer me already."

He then hugged me and said,

"Trying to keep you a little bit warmer."

"But I don't need it. I'll be fine."

"You were so cold you were shaking so don't tell me that crap."

"Fine." I said puffing out one of my cheeks.

I decided to cuddle against his chest a bit to get more warmth. It wasn't that I needed the warmth, but I wanted it.

After a bit of sitting there he finally said,

"Well... looks like we need to figure things out between us a lot quicker than planned."

"Yeah."

"Hey Izaya?"

"What?"

"Was everything Shinra said that you told him true?"

"Yeah, it was."

It went silent for a moment until Shizuo asked a question.

"So... if I were to decide to do something right now you wouldn't mind?"

What does he mean by that?

"I guess I wouldn't. Why?"

Instead of getting an answer, he lifted my head so it was level with his. He then leaned towards me and connected our lips.

We were kissing.

I decided to kiss back almost instantly, and did so until he pulled away. My heart was pounding. I never thought he'd do that.

His lips were so soft and warm. Surprisingly, they also tasted sweet, especially for how much he smokes.

"Shizu-chan..." I started blushing.

He really kissed me. Not by force either. It was all on his own free will.

"I'm sorry." he said looking at the ground.

"No, no, no. Shizu-chan, don't be sorry." I said lifting his head up.

I then leaned in to kiss him again. It was just as sweet as the first one.

This time though, I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist, which seemed to be his response.

Something I didn't expect was to feel a soft and gentle tongue against my bottom lip, begging for entrance.

I opened my mouth and let it explore. It was so sweet I pretty much melted from it.

Is this a dream, or is this actually happening? I don't think I've ever tasted or felt something so wonderful in my entire life.

After a few minutes we broke the kiss to get some air. We both sat there looking at each other. I'm sure after that we both knew we liked each other, no doubt.

"Shizu-chan."

"What?"

"Why are we trying to hide the fact we like each other? It's obvious we do."

"I don't know. But it's pointless trying to hide it now."

"Yeah."

"Do you want to go back to the house now? That way you can get warm again."

"I already am warm."

"How? You were freezing before."

"Shizu-chan made me warm." I put a smile on my face.

I saw he lightly smiled as I said that, and it wasn't a fake one either.

"Okay then. Do you still want to go back yet or not?"

"I guess we can go back now."

We both got up and started walking. I went off into my mind as we walked back.

I can't believe it happened. It was so sweet, so gentle, it was just... amazing.

I think I'm the happiest information broker in the world now.