Hotel

Shizuo's POV

It was 9 PM when we got off the subway train. We still had a bit of traveling to do, but instead of going the rest of the way tonight, we all decided to just stop at a hotel to get some rest.

One of the reasons we decided that was because Izaya was already sleeping.

We got three rooms, one for Mairu and Kururi to share, one for Shinra and Celty, and one for Tom and I. We had a debate on where Izaya was going to go and in the end, he ended up with Tom and I.

We got into our rooms and settled for the night. I just threw Izaya on a small couch that was in the room. Then went to bed.

Izaya's POV

I woke up on a couch. Wait, a couch? Where am I? I don't remember being in a building.

After a few minutes of laying there waking up, I looked at the time, 5:01 AM.

Have I really slept all night without waking up? I sat up and looked around the room. I saw two beds, each with one person in them. I got up and slowly walked around to see who it was.

Shizuo and Tom. Crap. Why did I get stuck in the same room as them? I would've thought I would get stuck with my sisters, but I guess not.

I then looked around for the bathroom. It was, of course on the opposite side of the room.

I slowly walked over, as quiet as possible. I just sat in there, looking at things on the only phone I took.

Shizuo's POV

I looked at the time, 5:37. Dang, I only slept this long?

I then caught a glimpse of light in the corner of my eye. Why's the bathroom light on?

I got up and started to walk over to it. I stopped in the middle of the room when I heard the door knob unlock. I looked over at the bed Tom took, he was still there. That must have meant it was Izaya.

I then looked over towards the couch, he wasn't there.

Izaya's POV

I unlocked the door as quietly as I could, that way I didn't wake either of them up.

When I opened the door, I didn't expect what I saw.

Shizuo, awake, standing in the middle of the room, staring at me.

I just stood there, I didn't know what to do. I stood still staring at the ground, until he finally said something.

"Hey flea. Do you have an answer to my question from earlier yet? It's just us awake so I'm the only one that's going to hear your answer." he said in a whisper.

I pretended I didn't remember what the question was, "What question, Shizu-chan?"

"Are you scared of me? I want the truth to that question, not some stupid lie you'd normally make up to get out of answering."

I stared at him for a few seconds, then looked at the ground and finally spoke, "Yes, I am scared of you. No lie this time, I promise." I looked back up at him with a smile, not my normal smirk.

He just stared at me. He looked shocked that I said yes to that and that I wasn't using my normal smirk as my smile.

Shizuo's POV

Did he actually admit it? Is he actually smiling? What the heck? This is not normal.

I finally got out of my state of shock from what just happened. That's when I noticed how bad Izaya was shaking at that point.