I'm Sorry Sal

Larry
I lay on my bed listening to Sanity Falls, when Sally bursts in and basically jumps on me.
"Hey LarryFace." He greeted.
"What's up SallyFace?" I questioned. He seemed pretty excited about something, and I couldn't guess what it was.
"My dad's gonna be out of town for a week so I get to stay here." He told me. I smiled and hugged him.
"Awesome! Temporary roomie!" I said which made him laugh. It was nice to hear him laugh, rather than his monotone voice. I let him go and sat up. "Do you wanna watch a movie?" Sal nodded and got off me, then picked out a movie.
"What did you choose, dude?" I asked and he showed me an old horror movie. "Oh cheesy man." Sally sat beside me on my bed and the movie started.
It was starting to get late and the movie was almost ending. I saw Sal yawn and keep watching. He took off his prosthetic and was leaned against the wall with me.
"Alright Sal, I think you need some sleep." I told him. "Also my mom will tell us to go to bed."
"Fine." He whined and sat up straight. I took off my shirt and got into bed alone with Sal. I felt Sal start playing with my hair and I looked at him. "Your hair is...really nice..." He yawned and his eye looked sleepy.
"Hey don't forget to take your glass eye out." I reminded him. He nodded and took out his glass eye, then put it in the glass of water my mom had brought in.
"Goodnight, Lar..." Sally said sleepily before falling asleep. I brought him close to me and smiled.
"Goodnight Sal." I fell asleep right after.

It had been two weeks after Sal and I hung out. And four days since Sal died.
I put my headphones in and payed in bed, then played with my hair. Then remembered Sal always played with my hair. Said it was nice, long, great to braid and do anything with. I missed him.
I turned to my side and hugged myself before silently sobbing.
I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me jump. I sat up and saw my mom. I took my headphones out and cried.
"Hey, it's alright." She told me before taking me into her arms. She knew how much Sally meant to me. "I miss him too."
"I...I never got to tell him I-I loved him..." I sobbed. She drew circles on my back trying to calm me down.
"I know, I know." She told me in a calm voice. "It'll be alright."
My mom left after I'd stopped crying but it didn't help.
"Please don't take...my sunshine...away..." I whispered remembering when Sal used to sing that to me when I missed my dad more than most days. "I'm sorry, Sal. I couldn't protect you."

Sally
I watched Larry and felt horrible. I knew it wasn't my fault but I still felt shitty about it.
"You are my Sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy, she. Sky's are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you." I sang. "Please don't take, my sunshine away."
He couldn't hear me but he'll always know that song.
"See you on the other side Lar."