제 5 장

| Instrumentals will be in the multimedia, play while reading for better reading experience|

        " I think I deserve some type of explanation for your disappearance Athena, you didn't even say goodbye" Jae's attitude despite his frustration was calm collected and gentle. I bit my bottom lip and I said nothing as I stare into his shaking and wavering eyes. I felt my face heat up, and a lump formed in my throat. He stepped closer to me. " You don't have to be ashamed, I enjoyed every moment I spent with you. Do you not feel the same?" He asks in a softer tone, turning his head. I reached forward and grabbed his hand and he looks up at me. " You were wonderful. You are wonderful. I left because I was scared" I muttered softly and he brings his hands up to my face, ready to wipe any tear that falls.

" I haven't stopped thinking about you. I couldn't stop thinking about you. I wondered what I could have possibly done wrong, and then I thought about how you must have felt. How you were feeling. Alone again, and I couldn't be there to comfort you" He presses his forehead against mine. I felt my tears come. I hated that he made me feel vulnerable. He pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

" Mr.Min" We turn and look at Ms.Oh. I wipe my tears and I try to back off of him, but his arm snakes around my hips and holds me firmly against him. He looks from her to me, and holds eye contact with me. " Ms.Oh would you give us a moment?" She nods and disappears into the little pub. He looks at me tenderly and let's go of his grip. " Why? Why did you go?" He asks me.

" I was afraid that I'd misunderstand what your intentions, and I'd become more alone than I was already. I didn't want to need you. I don't want to need anyone" I admitted hugging myself. He heaved a sigh and he takes my hand. " What about me? What if my true intentions is becoming someone that you need, and depend on? What if I need you Athena?"

" I don't deserve you. I'm a mess" I laugh bitterly. " Don't say that, you don't know how untrue that is. I can promise you that you have it more together than I do. You are just gazing at the surface" He assures me. I just look into his eyes, and I say nothing. The skies become dark around us, and the presence of rain would soon come knocking.

" Let's go, it'll rain soon"

        •.                •.              •

       That night, Jae took me straight to my little studio, and we met the sun together. We didn't go inside, we talked for hours parked in front of the little flat. We stayed like this until minutes to seven, he told me he had to go to his office. I felt bad, he'd be so tired. For the next two days after, he would constantly text me words of encouragement and sweet nothings to remind me that he was thinking of me. I don't usually see his face because he was constantly ridiculed with work. I missed him. I knew he was also a student, but his schedule was completely different from mine.

  I usually work longer at the elementary school. Ms.Oh has been avoiding eye contact with me ever since. Mrs.Kim was shocked after she heard about our relationship, whatever it was. She was more flustered about it, and hadn't looked me in my eyes. I don't think that they approved too much. Ms.Oh I hadn't care about, but Mrs.Kim however, wore her true colors like a god damned dress.

  The older kids were always asking questions about Mr.Min, when he sent flowers to the school. The kids always asked when he would be back. Classes seemed shorter the past two days as well. My chest was lighter. The students no longer made me envious, but reminded me that Jae would call me later.

I smiled and closed my books when class was over. I gathered my things and made my way out of the building. Before I make it to the staircase, someone grabs my arm and thrusts me into their chest.

Jae.

He places his arms around my shoulders, hugging me from behind. His head buried in my neck. " You smell so good. I am so glad I can see you again" He mutters against my neck tickling me. That warmed my insides. He missed me, he wanted to see me. " You look so pretty today" He says to me as he turns me towards him. I smile broadly at this.

He frowned.

" Don't do that"

I frowned. " Do what?"

" Smile. You are going to kill me with that bright smile of yours. I can actually have a heart attack do y—-" I smacked his shoulder and he laughs. He grabs my hand and pulls me down the stairs. " What are you doing? We are in public." I say and he smiles. " Can't I just hold your hand? I don't care about anyone else" He tells me and I bit my lip. I looked around, and people were in fact staring. Some pointed at there partner to look.
Suddenly I felt anxious, I retreated my hand. He stops and gives me a questioning look. I bit my lip and motioned everyone around us.

He squinted at me with the are-you-serious? look. He looks around and turns to me. He walks up the stair and closer to me. He grabs my hand, caresses my face and pressed his lips to mine.

       •.                  •.                   •

         " Jae!" I exclaimed, and he throws his head backwards laughing, my vanilla and strawberry coating his sweet lips. I looked at my cone, and the tip was gone and consumed by Jae. He had chocolate and peaches ice cream, and I hadn't dare to guess how that tasted like. " Athena" He calls and I turned to him. " What?" He scoops ice cream fromI his cone with his finger and touches my nose. I gasped and he takes off running. "Jae!" I called and his deep baritone laughter erupted in the night. He stood still and I walked to him, his fluffy caramel brown hair gleamed in the street lights.

" Why did you dye your hair?" I asked in Korean. He shrugs and takes my hand, " My father thought I looked pale and dead with my black hair. He told me not to show up in front of him if I hadn't changed it to a warmer color" He says so casually. His father sounded quite strict.
I know he was very wealthy, and that's all I knew of him, other than the fact that he is a senator, and he owns three grade level schools. " It's not like it seems, my dad just have a thing with appearances and how he presents himself" He explains and I bit my bottom lip.

I finish my ice cream cone and I squirted hand sanitizer into my palms. He threw his in a nearby trash. I was walking towards him, when I stumbled forward, embarrassingly enough, landing on my knees, directly in front of him. He instantly gets down to help me up with worried eyes. " Are you ok?" He asks me. I looked at him in awe. He was always so gentle like calm winds at the end of August, and kind hearted like an angel.
He was became my source of energy, and he became addictive. I was on a high, too far into the sky, that I hadn't realize...that I was falling.

I cupped Jae's face and brought my lips to his. At first he was surprised, and then he kissed back with such passion that the dams in my eyes could collapse and release the sea of tears it would bring.
I pressed myself against him, deepening our kiss. I pull alway slowly only to realize the his eyes had been closed, savoring our kiss. His long feathery lashes parted as he opened his eyes to look at me. " Athena. I want to take you to my home. Would you like to come?" He asks in a dark whisper. His eyes were darker, like the deepest ocean trenches. His eyes obtained something I've seen once before, lust.

" Will I be going home afterwards?"

He smirks and cocks his head backwards. " No, you won't" He pulls my body against his. I felt his erection above my navel. I smiled broadly, " Then I would love to" He smiles back his beautiful smile and the excitement lingered around us as we rushed to get his car, where'd he'd take me home, and we would find our climaxes for the second time.