제 13 장

I lifted myself up off of Jae's bed as I read my phone in disbelief. Surely, my eyes were deceiving and surely, I had not been awoken yet. Jae shuffled besides me and I look over at him. He blinks awake and I turned to look at my phone once more. I had received a text from an unlocked number that read:

I would like to negotiate a deal. I am requesting that your absence be made in Jae Eun's life, in exchange I am willing to write a check of any amount. Call the number below to accept.

   It had not believed it to be true, clearly this was a joke. This was not only sloppy and unpleasant, it was offensive and sad as well. I didn't show it to Jae. I wouldn't let this ruin our last few days before we both become busy again! Negativity would not evade us. I turned off my phone and lay down. " What's wrong baby?" He throws his arm over My hips and cuddles up closer to me. I turn over and our eyes meet. " I love you" He smiles and brings him lips to kiss me. He rests his head against mine. " Say it again" He whispers. I close my eyes.

" it's time to get up Jae" He shakes his head. " No , I want to stare at you a little longer" He says softly touching my face. " Your breath is bad" I say and his eye wrinkle as he chuckled deeply. I sit up and pulled the blanket off of his legs. He laughs and gets up off of the bed. " I am going to anticipate whatever you have planned" He says walking into the bathroom.

It has been almost four weeks since we had visited his mother's home. It's been almost five months since I've met Jae. Time flies by so quickly. The sun shined brighter these days. It rained a lot during the evening but hot during the day. School was out, so I didn't have to work, and he didn't have class to attend. We became busy with each other. Jae would be called in to his father's office from time to time, he never came back with frown, but he didn't have to. Behind his smile, his bruises spoke for him. His face would bleed from the corners of his mouth, or is nose. He had bruises by his eye. It worried me, and this made it even worse.

  I had a running fever, and I had the flu, but I still tended to his wounds. I put disinfectant on his cuts, and he would make my soup. He sang to me when my chest hurt, and I couldn't sleep. I kissed everywhere that hurt him. We worked together, in sync. I barely saw my home anymore, so recently I stayed there, and went home after Jae fell asleep first. It was better this way, I didn't want to get tired of us. I didn't want us to grow stale. I gave him space, and I had mine.

" Let's get some groceries"

             •.                  •.                •

      " What do you want to get?" Jae asks pushing the cart into the vegetables aisle.  " I actually have a list, these are the basics, you are fat hog who eats any and everything, so you need to restock" I say showing the list. He smiles at this, and I laughed at this. " I think you are making fun of me Athena. I work out every morning" It was true. When I was in the shower, I'd come out and see him drenched in sweat and focused on his craft. It was a sight to see.

" I am one to talk" I say with a tight smile. He worked out and got defined, but I was increasing in size. My thighs were a little thicker and my arms were a bit softer. He kisses my lips, taking me by surprise. " You are beautiful. You are allowed to turn into Fiona, but I will not. I have to take care of you incase you explode" He jokes but I still felt a weird pang in my chest. I smile weakly, turning my head. I didn't want to look dramatic. I was even more emotional these days because Jae and I grew closer.

" That wasn't funny, I am sorry. You are perfect for me, please don't take it seriously" Jae knew instantly that I didn't find it funny. He put his arms around me. " I love you" He whispers into my ear, and I smiled slowly. He smiled and kissed my cheeks. " Smile like that forever Queen, you shine so brightly" He tells me and kisses my lips.

We started putting things inside the cart and putting in everything that was on the list. Towards the meats, the smell of blood and seafood from the aisle beside it evaded my senses. The smell was so horrifying. I couldn't bare it. I would throw up if I entered that section. " Jae, I cannot. It stinks down there" I say pointing to the meat and seafood aisles. His eyebrows clashed and looked to the aisles. " I don't smell anything" He says scratching his head animatedly. I gagged thinking about entering the aisle.

"Give me the list, I'll go get the meats and come back" He says and I hand him my phone. " Your hair needs to wash, you keep scratching it" I tell him and he smiles boyishly. " I'll be back" He says before  pushing the cart into
the meat aisle.

He looks so adorable. I walked out of the aisle and searched for anything that we may need when we get to his home.

              •.                 •.                •

         " That hurts!"He exclaims as I scrub at his roots. " I'm sorry, I'm forgot that out hair texture is different sometimes." I giggle and he glares at me playfully. The tub is filled with water and he's currently sitting in it with his underwear on. I giggled at his failed attempts to get out. He splashes water on me, water and soap suds get in my eyes in the process. I cover my eyes and hiss in pain. Jae curses , which he rarely did, and jumped out of the bath tub apologizing repeatedly and handing me a towel and patting my face.

Jae was making a pool on the floor. My eyes are covered, and I reached it for Jae's towel to hand it to him. I grabbed him through his wet underwear and he jumps. " Woah! Hang on!" He exclaims and I laugh at this. " I am sorry" I say and he laughs as well, his laugh sounded like a thunder clap.

" Wash your own hair for now on" I say tossing the towel at his chest and he laughs at me. " I said I was sorry" he says hugging me, I groaned. " You are wet!" I exclaimed and he laughs. " Let's get wet together" He teases pulling me backwards into the tub of water.
" Min Jae Eun!" I yelled and he wheezes in his own laughter. " It's natural that you scream my name after I make you wet

" What an awful joke, I'm going to kill you, you know that right?" I say glaring at him. He place a kiss on my forehead and smiles sweetly at me. " If you are going to be the death of me, that's definitely how I want to go"