Hoolan

In all honesty, it looked like some form of sea spider. It had long, pale, spindly legs. two Sharp hooked mandibles, and two little round black eyes that stared beadily back up at you. It was about the size of your hand. it moved around in the glass tank that it was held in and every now and then snapped its mandibles at the four of you. You were at a loss for words, it looked like something you could find at this depth and area. So how come Robert didn't know anything about it? you looked back up at Robert with a confused expression, you knew for a fact that he knew about creatures like this, you had seen them in his files.

" I don't understand, it looks like a type of sea spider, although I will admit, it is kind of exotic looking". you said, looking into Roberts hazel colored eyes.

" I thought the same thing too." he responded after a moment " but then I was putting some food into the tank and well... it might be better if I just show you." He straightened his glasses and grabbed some tweezers, pinching some chunks of meat in them. You looked back up at Hubert with a confused expression, he only gave a bewildered one in return. You then turned, meeting gazes with Jack who looked just as confused as you were and giving you a shrug.

You turned back to Robert as he removed the top of the tank off and held the tweezers into the tank with the meat just barely being in the water itself. The sea spider looking thing bent it's legs, bringing its body to the bottom of the tank in a threatening stance. it's beady black eyes staring wearily at the tweezers.

For a long, quiet moment, nothing happened, just the four of you staring down at the creature in absolute silence. you didn't know what to think, partially because you didn't really know what was going on. It just stood at the bottom of the tank, doing nothing. After another moment Robert put it in further, but only about an inch. You stared at the creature, waiting to see what it had done to put Robert AND Hubert in such a fuss.

You opened your mouth to say something when the creature's mandibles shot forward, extending from its body to the top of the tank and snatched the meat from the tweezers. It happened so fast that you jumped back a little. looking down in fright as the fangs retracted back to the body and the thing started to devour the meat.

You now knew what Hubert and Robert meant, that was not something you had seen any sea creature or any animal for that matter do, There was a possibility that it could still be a type of sea spider that had different evolutionary functions than most other sea spiders. But that still didn't shake off how weird and scary what you just saw was.

The creature's body itself hadn't even moved, it was all the fangs. The tweezers had to have been a foot above its body. This was something that was definitely not seen before. You stared down at the creature for a moment, watching its mandibles twitch to get the meat into its mouth. all the while giving you a dark warning gaze.

You looked back up into Roberts' eyes, having the same wide-eyed expression as not only him but Hubert and Jack as well. You glanced back to the tank before quickly looking back to Robert.

" I... Have no idea what to say." you said looking around at the other three, lost. " what do we do?" Robert pondered at your question for a moment before standing up a little straighter.

" First I want you to go to bed so you can be well rested in the morning to do some research on this little guy. Same for the both of you men. I want everyone to go get well rested for the big day we have tomorrow. I will clean up the lab and make sure the specimen is thoroughly contained, now off to bed with all of you, Y/N I want to see you here first thing in the morning".

" Yes sir," you replied, taking one last look at the thing before turning around and slowly making your way to the door and to the hallway beyond. Jack and Hubert following behind with the same speed as you. You were only a little down the hallway when jack started speaking