A Strange Place

You kicked and scratched at the men who held you in the helicopter, but it was no use. The armor they wore was thick and nothing you did got through it, and even if you did there were still problems. There were about five men total in the helicopter including the one holding you. So even if you got away from him there were four others to take his place.

The final problem was even if you did get away, you were already too far off the ground to jump out. If you did, the impact of hitting the ground or the water would kill you.

One of the men said something into some kind of headset that you could not make out, and the crackling from another voice from the device answered him.

You looked down to the Island below you and tried to see if you could make out anything that might be Hoolan, but there were tears blocking your vision. Your arms were being held down so you could only blink them away as best as you could. There were so Signs of Hoolan on the Island, but there was a big long cylinder oval like shape in the water.

You have seen submarines before so you knew what it was. You could only guess the people inside were the ones the one man with the headset was talking to.

You could not make out what he was saying over the sound of the helicopter blades, and your own sobbing, But after a minute you did hear the crackling again. You could not tell what the voice was saying, but you could tell that whatever he was saying he was shouting in a panicked way.

You looked down back at the water where the submarine was just as the underwater vessel shot torpedoes out of its side and into another much larger and bulkier shadow that was surging toward it under the water.

Joy filled you when you saw him. Now you knew that he was ok and not bleeding out again or something of the like. However, he kept heading straight toward the ship, ignoring the missiles that sped at him. You did not know if his skin was hard enough to stand the blows.

You cried for Hoolan to swim away from them but you knew there was no way that he heard you in any way shape or form. Even though he seemed to avoid them somehow because they went right over his dark form.

The radio went wild again right before the shadow grabbed the submarine in long tendrils around the face and the whole thing exploded.

Metal, water, and bodies flew everywhere as a bright orange light boomed under the surface, covering both the shadows of the beast and the ship.

It was at that moment when the helicopter reeled in a different direction and took off through the air at an almost breakneck speed. You could not look around to see if Hoolan was following you because you were going to fast. You could only hunch into yourself and hope that Hoolan would catch up and take you back.

He didn't

- -

It was night by the time the Helicopter finally got to its destination. It was an above water military/science base. You could see that there were multiple levels both above and below the surface. Yours was only one singular building and the whole thing was underwater.

Men in military uniforms swarmed the whole upper level that was above water. The Helicopter straightened itself out before carefully setting down on the landing pad.

The blades slowing down with a soft whirring sound until they stopped moving completely. After it was off the men grabbed you and led you across the landing area and into the building. they were moving you too fast for you to really make out what everything looked like inside.

It was bright, kind of how your base was too but more army like was what came to your mind with what you saw. You were led into a bright blue room where a big, angry-looking Female wearing a Doctors coat came in.

She had dishwater blonde hair that was tied back into a bun on the top of her head. She was pulling on some gloves and looking at you with her light amber-brown eyes. she barely glanced at you before she returned to slipping gloves on.

" She needs a shower, strip her." Was all she said and before you could protest the armed men started removing you of your clothing. As nice as a fresh shower sounded you were still absolutely freaked out.

These were strange people in a strange place and you had no idea where Hoolan was and if he was ok. You struggled as they took your shirt, then your pants then pushed you into a smaller room joined with the bright blue one. The room was cold and you huddled against yourself for warmth.

A white powder was sprayed onto you and you groaned when some landed in your eyes, stinging them. The white powder brought with it the really strong smell of soap.

After the powder, the water heads all along the wall pumped up and started pouring lukewarm water onto your form. It was then that two more people dressed in plastic suits came in. One had brushed and the other grabbed you. Holding you still while the other one scrubbed your shivering body.

when your body was clean they moved to your hair, then when that was also washed they paid special attention to your eyes. Making sure that they were thoroughly rinsed out.

After you were cleaned you were dried and brought comfortable looking white pajama clothing. It was comfortable to be wearing new clothes, those others you were wearing had been on you for too long. On the beach, you had been able to wash them with fresh water and let them dry in the sun.

Of course you usually did that when Hoolan was looking for fish in the sea. You would wash yourself too when he was gone. granted it felt nice to be truly cleaned with soap again. even if you disliked the whole situation, being clean helped relieved some of the stress that you were holding.

Once you were in the clothes you were led into the blue room again where the Doctor was waiting for you, still looking as if someone spit in her breakfast.

She examined your body, looking for something you were not sure of. Once again your eyes were payed special attention too, as she shined her small light into them. she pressed her lips into a thin line and clicked her light off. Turning around and grabbing her clipboard to write something down.

With her back turned you did not really see what she wrote down, the only thing you caught as she turned around again was " Eyes Dilate rather than constrict" She went to her cabinets and grabbed a blue liquid in a spout container. She dropped some into your eyes which immediately started to burn.

You brought your hands up to your eyes as you cried out a little. Hands grabbed you again and led you out of the room. You did not know where you were going this time because you were walking blind. the hands would push or pull you in whatever direction they wanted you to go.

Eventually, there was a squeak on a metal door opening. You were brought into another room and sat down and something soft. The footsteps walked away and the door shut again with the high pitched scraping sound.

You rubbed your eyes one more time before blinking up at the room you were in. It took a moment for your eyes to focus, but they weren't burning as much anymore.

When they finally got back into focus you noticed that you were not alone in the room. There were three other people all sitting on beds like you were.

Two were sitting on the same bed with each other while another sat in a bed across from them. Wach looking at you with a mix of shock and compassion.

There were two women and one man. One of the ladies was a middle-aged Indian woman who was sitting on one of the beds with a much older African woman whose body shook with her age.

The man sitting across from them was a Japanese man who looked in his early twenties. He had a pair of spectacles on and was looking at you with sadness.

" Who... are you?" You asked.