Good things still in the water

A/N: Prepare yourselves.

" Hoolan, I really don't think that this is a good Idea." You said as he set you down on the raft he had crafted. It was not a very big raft, only really big enough to fit you. Made of smoothed out tree logs and firmly tied together with vines from the trees. He had spent the last three days crafting it.

Taking the logs and smoothing them himself over the rocks. Picking out the best vines, and checking out its ability to float on the water by making himself heavier than normal, even though he already weighed more than you did. He did this all within eyeshot of you.

After the fiasco with the creature in the crab the other day he has hardly left your side. Only doing so when he gathered food and water, and the stuff to make the raft, and he has been very quick about it, quicker than usual. As if afraid if he was gone for too long then it would come back to hurt you or something.

So it was quite possible that one of the reasons for him building a raft was to help ease his mind. He most likely thought being on the water would ease your mind too. Although it was doing quite the opposite.

Only when he was absolutely certain that it would not sink under pressure did he allow you on it. although, you really did not even want to be on it in the first place.

If anything happened and you fell into the water how would you swim? You guessed Hoolan would catch you in an instant but you still did not want to do this.

It was sad. When you had gotten the notification that you had been one of the six chosen to go down into the first underwater research center you had been ecstatic. It was your dream come true. A young marine scientist off to make history and discover the secrets of the ocean. Of the beautiful animals that called it home.

You never could have guessed what true horrors awaited you in the fathoms beneath the waves. You never would have guessed that sirens and Giant monsters ruled supreme there. That one of them would form an obsession over you and kill your friends to kidnap you and keep you all to himself.

As you were set onto the raft you tensed a bit as it slightly shifted under your weight. You brought your leg in closer too you, wanting to be as far from the sides as possible. You grabbed onto the logs and tying vines as hard as you could. So hard that your knuckles turned white. Even though it was only half in the water.

Hoolan either did not notice your stressed state or did not care. he checked all over the raft again, making sure you were safe on it before looking up and smiling at you.

" The Reef is beautiful Polyp, I want you to see it." He said, his black eyes sparkling like obsidian in the sunlight. His teeth haunting you from his smile, white and pointy. You squirmed a little under his stare.

" Hoolan, I really don't want to do this." You complained, but he waved you off before you could get anything else out.

" It will be good for you Polyp! besides, you can't stay on the mat forever." He said, moving around the raft and onto the beach again. You huffed and looked down at the empty space where your leg had once been.

'You're the fucker that put me on the mat in the first place.' You thought angrily, clenching your hands even tighter on the logs.

" Besides, the idea of swimming with one leg is not very appealing." You said, giving him a stern look. He paused for a second, then looked at you sadly.

" Polyp, if I could give you your leg back I would." He said sadly. You gave him a disbelieving look before turning your head to the side. You heard him sigh before you were swept out of your thoughts by a sort of slurping sound and a thud from behind you. You quickly whipped your head around and found Hoolan laying practically lifeless on the ground.