Questions of a Beast Answered

A/N: Warning! use of profanity!

You were in full-on tears now. Days and Days had gone by, maybe even a week and not even a peep around the compound that could even be translated as Hoolan's here! What if he was so hurt that he was just laying on the sand again? Not able to even move after what that gas did to him.

Or what if he did come and all the people hurt him so badly. You could not stand all of these thoughts in your head about Hoolan being so hurt for a second time so soon.

It got to the point that all you would do is just pace the big room the four of you shared. When you weren't pacing you were rocking yourself back and forth on your bed.

The other three were really good people in this regard. Having absolutely one hundred percent patients with you. Helping you calm down in any way they could too.

Aesha was an angel. She would hold you tight when you cried...which was all the time. Just the way she acted around you, it was almost maternal. Whatever she was doing it definitely would help.

Over the days, every single day the armed men would come and take you back to that Doctor lady. She was always fussing about your eyes which did make you wonder.

Saltwater did not sting them anymore. Plus when that gas was burning Hoolan it did absolutely nothing to you. Except for making your eyes burn and water a little bit.

You wondered if that was a side effect from some of the venom Hoolan had put in you during the time you were with him. He has not injected you with any ever since he took you out of the Abyssal cave.

The only three times you remember getting venom injected in you was when he first took you from the base, when you tried to escape, and when he used it to knock you back out right afterward.

It did not matter though, because You were taken to the doctor a lot only to have her fuss over your eyes for hours. each session leaving your eyes burning more than the last session.

You would always be greeted with the comforting faces of your new friends soon afterward though, and that helped you ignore the burning in your eyes. Even if they weren't so understanding of Hoolan, they were still really kind to you. You appreciated that, and you hoped that they knew that.

Aesha and Ko would sit down with you and help teach you some words in Swahili. Which was Adimu's native language. They taught you some of the basic words. That way if she or you really needed something then you would be able to understand her.

You did not know how the other two knew the language, but you weren't complaining. It also helped you take a lot off of your mind. Yes, you were still absolutely worried sick for Hoolan all times at least somewhere in your mind. But it really helped to focus on something else.

Otherwise, you would be back to pacing around your bed again or rocking yourself. The other three knowing the drill by now did all they could to keep your mind occupied.

The only thing none of you talked about was your Abyss keepers. It was kind of an unspoken rule among the four of you. Even though you really would have liked to talk about Hoolan you resisted the urge. Plus you did not want to bring back up bad memories for them from their Abyss keepers.

Even if you liked yours it did not mean that they liked theirs. Especially Adimu. As butcher literally... Butchered her entire village and spared her for reasons unknown to herself.

At the moment you smiled lazily while Aesha sat behind you. Brushing out your hair with a jeweled comb. Adimu sat in front of you, stroking at pointing at spots on your hand while she talked about something that you could not understand in the slightest.