The White Gas that Burned him so

You were suddenly submerged in ice-cold water. The shock of it causing you to stiffen up and harden like stone. Your eyes flew open as sleep was ripped rather harshly from you.

In reaction to the cold, you exhaled rather fast and a spray of bubbles clouded your vision as they floated up to the surface. You quickly started flailing your limbs to propel you to the surface.

when you broke through the water you took in a large lungful of air on instinct and started coughing as the taste of saltwater on your tongue choked you slightly?

As you got your bearings and balance in the water kicking your legs to keep yourself above water, you reached your hands up to wipe at your eyes. How on Earth had you gotten here?

The last place you remembered that you were was on your mat Hoolan and woven for you from grass. The two of you fell asleep on it after you had...

You froze again in mid rub as your eyes got wide and your face got hot even though you were in cold water. Since you stopped kicking you sunk back under the surface for a second, but you quickly started kicking your legs again. You took another deep breath as you broke the surface of the water.

Your ears were suddenly filled with a light-hearted giggling sound. You whipped around to the direction it was coming from and learned that you were right in front of the beach in a deep spot. Hoolan crouched up on the sandy hill that loomed over you.

He was giggling like a toddler you over laughed at everything. Giving out a couple of accidental snorts every now and then. He had his eyes scrunched shut and his shoulders bounced with how hard he chuckled at your form. Did he toss you in the water to wake you up?

" Hoolan! You jerk! did you throw me in here?" You asked in a loud voice. A bit agitated but also a bit amused at the same time. He stopped chuckling but still held a large smile as he leaned even more off of the small cliff to look at you with big bright eyes that for some reason looked as if they were reflecting more light than usual.

" You would not wake up when I made you breakfast polyp, so I let you sleep into the middle of the day and I tried to wake you for lunch and you still would not wake up, so now it is afternoon and time for you to wake up sunshine!" He yelled the last part into the air as he dove off the cliff and practically landed right on top of you.

You cried out as he gripped you and dragged you under the water again. Bear hugging you and squeezing you tight as the cold water chilled you.

You felt the vibration of the thud through his body as he sunk to the sandy seafloor with you still tight in his grip. He buried his face lovingly into the crook of his neck and you stayed still while gripping onto his arms a bit tighter.

Your eyes were still not being bothered by the saltwater, though your vision was still very blurry. You saw what you could of the blue water and the white sand. Also, the long black strands of Hoolanshair as it floated up in the water.

You had been underwater for a couple of minutes now and still have yet to feel the urge to breathe in. Your lungs weren't tight in any way and you felt just like you would have been if you were breathing the whole time. Even though you were not.

It was also slow to hit you that you were still completely naked from the night before. Also, Hoolan was too apparently and you choked out a big wad of bubbles. Now you felt the need to breathe in, though it was not urgent as if you would pass out soon if you did not.

With his grip still firm but soft of you Hoolan kicked his legs to slowly ascend you out of the water and back over to the dry sand on the beach.

When the two of you swam up from the water you took in another deep breath for the third time in ten minutes. You felt the sand under the waves squish under your feet as you stepped out of the water and on to the beach.