The curious thing that found you

A month had gone past since Hoolan had brought you to the beach. Your leg was healing really well. Between your body getting back on track and Hoolan taking care of you it was healing like a miracle. You felt better than you had in a long time, even considering your leg.

The good supply of food, being a mix of fruit and seafood, that Hoolan fed you was really doing wonders for your body. You were gaining weight again. It was wondering considering your near-death experience turned you into little more than skin and bones.

Hoolan helped you do what exercise you could on your mat, and also moved you around so your body did not get hurt from being in the same spot. It really seemed like he was trying to be better to you after what had happened. But... you did not think you would ever be able to forgive him after what he had done to you. After what he had done to countless people. Your friends, the marines, the people he killed for hosts.

Speaking of that, In the month that you had been on the beach, Hoolan had to get a new body. The other one decayed a lot faster than Hubert's did. Even with Hoolan using his abilities to keep it from decaying faster. The new one was one from a Hawaiian looking guy. He had dark tan skin and lumbar length black curly hair. The tan body made his black eyes a little more intimidating than normal.

Back to the subject at hand though. A month had passed since you were taken to the Island. Your wound had healed a lot but was still nowhere near being fully completed.

- -

You took a deep breath through your nose as you woke up from a deep sleep. Another good thing the Island and its food was doing for you was that you now got good rests. You were not fidgety in your sleep anymore but instead soaked up the much-needed rest.

You layed on your back for a couple of minutes. Enjoying the warmth of the day and the breeze of the sea. The smell brought with it and the sound of the waves. Keeping your eyes closed and letting your body soak in all of its other senses.

Hoolan was gone, he usually was in the morning. Looking for things to collect for you. So you enjoyed the time where there was no stress stiffening your body. Where there was no fear of the Demon.

You heard the sand shift to your left and you quickly sat up. Using your arms to hold you steady, you looked around, but Hoolan was not there. What is he playing some kind of prank on you?

" Hoolan?" You called out. Only the waves answered you though. it was not like him to play with you like that, so maybe just the wind shifted the sand?

You sighed and looked out to the horizon. Looking at the waves far on the other side of the world. You pressed your lips into a thin line and looked down. Suddenly finding yourself making eye contact with a curious little creature.

" Oh, hello there." You said to the white and yellow crab that sat in the sand next to your matt. Looking at you with small, cute little eyes. In response to your voice, it's little mandibles rubbed together. At the sight, you were painfully reminded of the time in the cave where Hoolan had done the same thing with his fangs.

You cast that thought aside and brought your attention back to the crab that still looked at you. It did not look to be the slightest bit afraid of you. Instead, it gazed into you with what seemed to be quite intelligent eyes. In fact, after looking at it for a minute, you realized that its eyes were not black like normal crabs eyes, but was actually a deep blue.

They were pretty and almost unnatural. You gazed into those eyes for a minute and found them to be almost...Hypnotic in a way. You realized you were getting lost and snapped back into your mind. You looked back down at the little crab and smiled, reaching your hand out to it.