Next story sneak peek

" Thanks, mama." You said to her, leaning over to smell the plates.

" Of course honey." She said back, giving you a real big smile. She turned to the living room where your father sat on the couch watching the television. " Darling, come in and get your supper!" She called out to him. A few seconds later he called out back to her " Darling, come see this."

Your mother gave you and your brother a confused look before setting down her serving utensils and walked in the direction of the front room. You turned and ruffled your little brother's hair before getting up and following your mom. On the television, was the news. the reporter was talking while behind him it showed the picture of a room full of dead people.

" At exactly 4:50 pm this afternoon the county hospital was involved in a chemical explosion that killed 30 people and injured 20 more. Police say that the explosion was no accident, but a planned mass murder. The authorities have been examining the evidence and say they have a lead, but the investigation is ongoing-" The television flicked off and your mother set down the remote. A look of horror in her eyes. A look that was shared by the three of you.

"Let's talk about this later." Your mother whispered to your father and started back for the kitchen. You followed her, looking down at the ground and when seated, looking down at your plate. Your appetite was gone now. What was going on? two major disasters happening within just a few days of each other. And one so close to you and your family. It made you worry for them, for your friends and the people you passed on a daily bases, and yourself. You just hoped that this person was caught as soon as possible. And put to justice.