Chapter 10

I wake to strong arms around me and the covers over top of us. I look up, noticing that it is Nathan lying there, still sleeping from the events from the night before. I am surprised at how comfortable his hold is but worry that he hasn't told his parents where he is at.

His eyelashes are really long, I haven't noticed that before, actually, I have never noticed how extremely attractive Nathan really is. His skin is kissed by the sun and he has bright blue eyes and dark brown hair. His upper build is not disgustingly ripped but enough muscle is there to intimidate people. I shouldn't be thinking about this, especially after last night, but I can't help but acknowledge that he is more attractive that I had once found him.

"Hayden, are you okay?" I hadn't noticed that he was awake now but remained wrapped around me, or I guess it was both ways. I never liked sharing a bed, when Trevor and I shared one I made him sleep on the other side.

"No, but I will live. I just want to know how somebody got ahold of all of that information." He bites down on his lips and I place my face in my hands. I should explain to him what happened, he has done so much to help me, I owe him an explanation.

"Don't worry about explaining it to me. I don't need to know what happened, I just need to know that you are going to be okay ." I take my face out of my hands and look up at him and he is looking at me with such a serious expression. I feel my eyes tearing up and wrap my arms around him, burying my face in his chest.

"Thank you, I am tired of explaining myself." His grasp on me tightens and I breathe in, smelling the slightest trace of cologne. I can't recall ever smelling cologne on him but it smells good. I hold him tightly as well, tired of crying, but not finding myself able to stop. My shoulders start to shake and he gets closer. One hand remains wound m waist while the other moves to the back of my neck, pulling me closer.

"I am sorry you're in so much pain. It's okay to cry. I won't judge you or ask you what is wrong." He is just like Jessie, except Jessie would demand I tell her what was happening so she could kick somebody's ass. Nathan is of a different breed of human though, genuine, unlike most our age.

"Why are you so nice to me? We haven't known each other for more than four months." I try pushing away from him but he doesn't let me, he keeps me held close. He doesn't say anything for a moment and even though I am fighting to move away from him he won't let me.

"Is it so hard for you to believe that I walked into your life and noticed that you needed somebody to lean on. I care too much about you to let you keep falling." I stop fighting and think about what he is saying. He can't mean that he actually cares about me, he doesn't know me, how can he care?

His cellphone starts to ring but he just continues to hold me, like he is afraid that I will break if he lets go. Maybe it is possible that he just cares about his friends a lot. I was surprised last night when he was telling my mother to get a bag He also kissed me, just to give me air, but still.

"Hey, Nathan, how did you know what to do during my panic attack last night?" He moves away and looks down at me. I look up into those blue eyes, they were holding so much emotion but I couldn't pull them apart.

"Believe it or not, Amelia has the same issue. She had it bad as a kid and especially when my old man and I were fighting. She never got as bad as last night though. I thought that you were going to stop breathing for just a moment there." He closes his eyes and places his forehead to mine. "Just get some more rest. I am still so tired" He mutters sleepily and relaxes against me. His breathing is deep and I can tell that he has fallen back to sleep.

I find myself dosing back off too, lying nose to nose with Nathan. I hear my bedroom door open and my mother's voice. "Oh...sleep well you two."

She closed the door and I heard her walking down the hallway. I think that she is secretly hoping that Nathan and I become more than friends, but I don't think he even likes men, not that I am even close to ready for another relationship.