Chapter 20

I wake to the sunlight streaming through the windows of my bedroom and realize that I am still very much naked. Jessie is still asleep and I don't want to wake her. She needs her rest and I need to make something for breakfast. I move out of bed carefully and cover her up, not wanting her to get cold. I find my sweatpants from the other day and pull them on, not bothering to put boxers on.

I yawn and leave the room, heading downstairs. I enter the kitchen and get in the fridge looking for eggs. I find them and grab the bread out of the cabinet. I break the eggs and start to stir them in a bowl, knowing she likes her eggs scrambled. I grab the orange juice and butter out of the fridge and place the bread in the toaster. I finish making breakfast and turn to go get Jessie up, but she is sitting at the breakfast bar watching me cook. She is wearing a nice silk robe that my mom gave her for Christmas one year. She smiles at me and I set a plate down in front of her.

"How sweet, only a real gentleman cooks after a night between the sheets." She shimmies her shoulders and takes a bite of her toast. I have to laugh but wonder how it really felt for her. Did she feel any pain or was I too rough?

"So, how was last night for you?" I ask nonchalantly and she raises her eyebrow at me. She knows me too well to know that my main reason for asking is to make sure I didn't hurt her.

"We are the king and queen of walking foreplay, it didn't hurt me at all. I was surprised by how dominating you can actually be." I freeze mid-bite and flush bright red. She laughs at my cheeks and places her hand on my face. "Hayden, it was a perfect night for firsts on both of our ends. You got to sleep with a girl and I got to lose my virginity to somebody I'm not just a check mark too." I smile and finish eating my toast as my phone begins buzzing.

I set my fork down and see that it is Nathan messaging me. I groan in irritation and open the message.

________________________________________________

From: Nathan

Hayden, we need to talk. Amelia and I will be at the mall tomorrow around noon. Come and you and I can talk somethings through.

_________________________________________________

I set the phone down, ignoring him but it buzzes again.

__________________________________________________

From:Nathan

Hayden, I can see that you are reading these messages, answer me so we can work these things out.

___________________________________________________

Jessie notices my irritation and takes my phone, reading through the two texts and a new one as the phone buzzes one more.

___________________________________________________

From:Nathan

Look, I know that I am an ass, but let me explain some things tomorrow.

___________________________________________________

Irritated by his persistence, I finally shoot him a message back.

___________________________________________________

To:Nathan

Leave me the hell alone.

____________________________________________________

I sit my phone away from me and finish eating as I listen to it constantly buzz. He must be really desperate if he is trying to get ahold of me that badly. He knows that I am not going to deal with the bullshit that is going to come with sleeping with a man like that.