Chapter 12

I wake with a jolt and hear my phone ringing. I groan and pick it up, looking at the number, but I don't recognize it. I put the phone down and roll over, not wanting to wake up yet. I am starting to doze off again when my phone starts to ring again. I quickly grab it and answer it not caring who it is. "Does everyone have a deathwish this morning?"

I hear laughter on the other end and look to see that it is Nathan calling me now. I hear Amelia on the other end, laughing as well. "Good morning to you too sunshine." His voice is thick with sarcasm and Amelia continues to laugh.

"I am not a morning person!" I yell at him.

"Good thing it is noon then." I move my phone away from my face and look at the time on my phone. He wasn't lying, it really is noon. Why am I so tired? "Look, Amelia wants to go to the mall and we were wondering if you want to come with us." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah, I guess, but you have to give me some time to get a shower and make sure my mother is home," I tell him and sit up, getting out of bed.

"Alright, I will give you an hour and then I will be there to pick you up. Enjoy your shower." He says and hangs up the call. I sigh and get up, grabbing some clothes before heading to the bathroom.

I strip naked and turn the shower on, turning to look in the mirror. I notice how skinny I have gotten. I wasn't chunky by any means but I have lost almost all of my defining features in my abdomen. I use to have the outlining of Abs but I have not worked out in a long time so the outlining is gone.

My eyes slide up to the tattoo on my bicep and I recall when I was sitting in the chair next to Jessie. The tattoos did not hurt, but the fact that we were getting them as parting gifts to one another did.

I shake the thought out of my head and get into the shower. I take a moment to myself and think about Nathan and I in the kitchen last week. I had wanted him to continue and perhaps I would have gone all the way. I haven't felt that kind of lust in so long that it is scary.

I get out of the shower and slick my wet hair back. I think about how good of a look this is and pull my phone out to take a picture. I don't stop at one and take one with my hands in my hair.

Damn, I love this picture.

I wrap a towel around my waist and look at the full body mirror, thinking that the way I look right now is a lot better than I have in a long time. I had never taken any kind of nude photo, it is dangerous and Trevor was always one for in-person displays.

I tie the towel around my waist and run my hand through my hair once more before snapping a picture. I take a look at it and wonder if I should send it or just keep it. I decide to send it to Jessie and ask her opinion on it. I get dressed and brush my hair, noticing the browning roots once more. I ignore them and head downstairs to find my jacket and boots.

"Good afternoon, honey." My mother says as I come into the kitchen. I smile at her and rustle Easton's hair as he eats a bowl of mac and cheese. He smiles up at me and I can't help but smile down at him.

"Good afternoon, are you going to be home all day? I got invited to go to the mall and I told Amelia and Nathan that I would talk to you first." I tell my mother and she smiles at me warmly, almost tenderly, it is something I haven't seen inside of her in a long time.

"Go ahead, I want you to be able to go have some fun. If the bank calls I will tell them I can't come in." She looks down at Easton and pats him on the shoulder. She stands and walks around the breakfast bar and wraps her arms around me.

"Oh, okay, if you wanted a hug, all you have to do is ask me for one," I tell her and she chuckles a little bit, making me move away from her. She is smiling up at me with a wide smile and it made me feel happy.